Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > QB Help Center
emptying Pm inbox to folders >

emptying Pm inbox to folders

emptying Pm inbox to folders

Old 02-16-2013, 09:45 AM

Default emptying Pm inbox to folders

I have created several folders and put PMs I want to save in them. my goal was to reduce the amount in my inbox so I don't reach the 500 message limit and no one can send me a pm because I reached the limit. However, after doing that, it still shows the original number of PMs. Do I have to complete delete the messages, even from my folders, to reduce the number?
Old 02-16-2013, 10:34 AM

Hi Jill...yes, I believe that they still count towards the message limit, because they are still on the QB server. You can download the messages to your computer though. First select all the messages that you'd like to save to your computer by clicking the box to the right of each one you want to move out of your inbox. Then click on the "select messages" link at the bottom of all your messages. Then choose which type of file you'd like to save them as, then click "proceed". "TEXT" would probably be the best choice if you're not computer savvy. You'll be saving them to "My Documents" or your desktop, wherever you choose. Why don't you experiment with just ONE message instead of a bunch, to make sure you have instructions figured out? Good luck, post again if you need more help, and I'll give you some more help! [ATTACH=CONFIG]395483[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails qb-help.jpg  
Old 02-16-2013, 11:00 AM

Thanks for the info! Do I have to make a folder on my IPad first before moving them as txt?? I am what my family says is "computer challenged"!

Originally Posted by mzzzquilts View Post
Hi Jill...yes, I believe that they still count towards the message limit, because they are still on the QB server. You can download the messages to your computer though. First select all the messages that you'd like to save to your computer by clicking the box to the right of each one you want to move out of your inbox. Then click on the "select messages" link at the bottom of all your messages. Then choose which type of file you'd like to save them as, then click "proceed". "TEXT" would probably be the best choice if you're not computer savvy. You'll be saving them to "My Documents" or your desktop, wherever you choose. Why don't you experiment with just ONE message instead of a bunch, to make sure you have instructions figured out? Good luck, post again if you need more help, and I'll give you some more help! [ATTACH=CONFIG]395483[/ATTACH]
Old 02-16-2013, 03:45 PM

I'm not sure about the ins and outs of an iPad. Maybe somebody that has an iPad can jump in. Do you know if you have an ap that can read text files? Do you have any other documents saved on the iPad, where do you save them?
Old 02-16-2013, 03:47 PM

I'm not sure about the ins and outs of an iPad. Maybe somebody that has an iPad can jump in. Do you know if you have an ap that can read text files? Do you have any other documents saved on the iPad, where do you save them?
I save emails in folders, but will ask my son when he gets home. DH says I have to do it on my lap top, which I don't use much now since I got my IPad. Thanks!
Old 02-16-2013, 04:24 PM

I googled "save .txt file on iPad" and came up with some aps you can install that will allow you to save the file on your iPad. If your son doesn't know the answer, go ahead and google it!
Old 02-16-2013, 04:39 PM

I googled "save .txt file on iPad" and came up with some aps you can install that will allow you to save the file on your iPad. If your son doesn't know the answer, go ahead and google it!
Great info-thanks a bunch!!