Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > QB Help Center
Free, fun, and EASY photo editor for resizing pictures here! >

Free, fun, and EASY photo editor for resizing pictures here!

Free, fun, and EASY photo editor for resizing pictures here!

Old 02-24-2012, 07:08 PM

Default Free, fun, and EASY photo editor for resizing pictures here!

Available at this link: http://www.online-image-editor.com/

Please note the big green arrow pointing to the browse button in the picture below, this is what you click on to find your picture. Once you have found the picture you want to upload, click the "upload" button. (Disregard the two options regarding resizing and converting for now). Depending on how big your picture is and your internet speed, this could take a few minutes or more.

Once the picture uploads, it will apear on the next screen. Note the two tabs "Basic" or "Wizard". For resizing, you need to be on the "Basic" tab. (Lot's of fun things to do on both tabs, once you get the basics down!)

Click on "resize" and a slider will appear to the left of the picture. You can make bigger or smaller, and it will show you what file size you achieve by sliding it either left or right. Once resized to the size you want, click "apply". Then click "save". Save it either as the same file name if you don't want to save the original, or change the file name to something like "quilt_resized if you want to keep both.

The red arrow points to a download of the program "Gimp", which can be used for quilt design, but is much more complex to operate. We have a QB member who has written a tutorial on how to use it, and it can probably be found by doing a search for "GIMP", but this download isn't required to operate this simple photo resizer.

If you have any questions on the photo resizer, post here and I'll answer back. Good luck, hope this will help those of you who are still struggling with uploading photos!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]315235[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails online-image-editor.jpg  
Old 02-25-2012, 11:39 AM

In case some of you are clicking on my picture and can't get it to work. it's just a picture, not the ap. I should have put the link to the web-based ap at the bottom of the post, not just up at the top. You do have to go to this site and then follow my instructions: http://www.online-image-editor.com/
Old 02-29-2012, 04:50 PM

Thank you mzzzquilts !!!!!!! I have tried every site anyone has posted and yours is the first one to work for me. I am so excited !!! If I could give you a hug Ellen it would be a big bear of a hug !!!!!!!!!!!
Originally Posted by mzzzquilts View Post
In case some of you are clicking on my picture and can't get it to work. it's just a picture, not the ap. I should have put the link to the web-based ap at the bottom of the post, not just up at the top. You do have to go to this site and then follow my instructions: http://www.online-image-editor.com/