Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > QB Help Center
How do I find? >

How do I find?

How do I find?

Old 08-05-2012, 08:09 AM

Default How do I find?

I admit I have been absent from around here and I have missed checking in every day. It has changed so much here and I was having issues with things being so slow and finding my way around when the format changed. So I need to spend an afternoon here trying to catch up if that is possible. How do I find an old topic and how to do something? The subject was having to do with wrapping fabric around foam core or something similar, for organization. There were pics on how to wrap and how to cut your own foam core pieces etc.

I have had a lot of stress in my life for the past year since my hubby became very ill. Quilting has kept me sane but my accomplishments have fallen. Frustration is been the name of the game. But I should post pics of some that I have managed to complete and I need to go over to pics here and lose myself in all the wonderful achievements.

Fran in AK
Old 08-05-2012, 08:37 AM
Power Poster

Welcome back to the board. Sorry to hear of your DH's illness. One of the things that improved dramatically with the new board is the search function. If you look in the top bars of the page, to the right, there is an area that says 'advanced search'. Click on that and you will be able to find many posts about using comic book boards or making your own for fabric storage.
Old 08-05-2012, 08:42 AM

Under Pictures there is a spot for Mission Organization that has alot of these tips. http://www.quiltingboard.com/sitemap/f-23.html
Old 08-05-2012, 08:47 AM

Sorry to hear about your husband's illness. I hope both of you are recovering.

My favorite feature on the "new" board is the Archive button at the bottom of the screen. It puts all the posts in reverse chronological order, and marks the threads you have read. If I want to follow a thread I subscribe to it and check my subscriptions when I log on. I look forward to seeing you pictures. If you need help resizing your pics go to the QB help center - last category on the main page.

Darren
Old 08-05-2012, 08:55 AM

Hello, and welcome back, Fran. I have missed seeing your smiling face. It is good to know your DH is doing better. Do post pictures of your projects, we always love looking! I, too, was away from the forum for a bit after the changeover and it helped me forget what I was used to and helped get used to what was here now. I'll be looking for your pictures!
Old 08-05-2012, 08:32 PM

Hi Franie and welcome back, hope things have improved with your husband's health. Glad to see you back again.
Old 08-05-2012, 08:52 PM
Power Poster

​If you go to the Tutorial section of QB, the one you are looking for I believe is on page 2. The title is ......Alaskasunshine's fabric folding (organizing your quilt room).
Old 08-07-2012, 05:57 AM

Hey Fran, great to see you back! So sorry to hear about your husband being ill. Prayers and hugs to you and your husband.
Old 08-09-2012, 01:56 AM

You can get free boards at hancock fabricks I found out by accident over the weekend. I went shopping at sale they had and the girl said they just throw them away and I could have as many as I wanted.