Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > QB Help Center
how to reduce pics to put on board >

how to reduce pics to put on board

how to reduce pics to put on board

Old 03-27-2016, 06:58 AM

Default how to reduce pics to put on board

For over a year I have not been able to post pics on board. I use to just click on the pic on computer and it would be jpeg in appropiate size....no problem.....then something happened and tie pics were too large and would not go even though it says jpeg. I really miss being able to share. I even got another camera and it does same thing. I have done everything I can think of on the camera and computer but no avail.
I can reduce and send an email but cannot send on Board. It is registering 4-5 mb and your standard is 1.mb. if you have an answer send a private message.....thank you!
Old 03-27-2016, 07:06 AM
Power Poster

i click on a photo in my computer, menu shows up and i go to Open with Paint. Then i reduce size 50% and save. actually do this when loading them and reduce twice 50%. good for emailing photos and posting here.
Old 03-27-2016, 07:26 AM

[QUOTE=nativetexan;7506334]i click on a photo in my computer, menu shows up and i go to Open with Paint. Then i reduce size 50% and save. actually do this when loading them and reduce twice 50%. good for emailing photos and posting
I do not find an open or Paint in the menu. I have seen other references to paint don't seem to connect with it. I have Windows 7 home edition. I have run into several things that are not included with it. Would this be one of them?
Old 03-27-2016, 07:34 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRu04zt-hnk

Try this, hopefully it helps
Old 03-27-2016, 07:35 AM

[QUOTE=jetayre;7506349]
Originally Posted by nativetexan View Post
i click on a photo in my computer, menu shows up and i go to Open with Paint. Then i reduce size 50% and save. actually do this when loading them and reduce twice 50%. good for emailing photos and posting
I do not find an open or Paint in the menu. I have seen other references to paint don't seem to connect with it. I have Windows 7 home edition. I have run into several things that are not included with it. Would this be one of them?
You can download & install "Paint" program for free. I also use Windows 7 Home & it works great with it. This is the website to download Paint: http://www.getpaint.net/index.html
Old 03-27-2016, 02:03 PM
Power Poster

Earlier versions of Windows had a resizer in the powertools. It was left out for Windows 7, but this is a good replacement - http://imageresizer.codeplex.com/releases/view/30247

Just download and install it. Then you can select as many jpeg files as you want, right click, and in the menu you will get an option to resize pictures. You can select to have it keep both the original and the smaller file, or replace the original with the smaller file. I use it all the time. It's much faster than using paint. There are several options for size - I use 'Large' and it's still small enough to upload here.
Old 03-27-2016, 04:52 PM

Did you right click on the picture? Not left click. "Open with" is in the middle of the menu list, if you have it.
Old 03-28-2016, 12:50 AM
Administrator

windows paint is available in all versions of windows.
look under Accessories.
Old 03-28-2016, 04:51 AM
Power Poster

When I got a scanner over 15 years ago, an Adobe program called Photo Deluxe came with it. It is so great to be able to crop and resize the pictures in a snap. But remember, I am running XP.
Old 03-28-2016, 07:37 AM

When you have a picture you want to play with, do you double click to open? When I say OPEN, I mean to be able to play with it in any way, shape or form? I also use Windows 7 Home Version. Once I have double clicked onto any picture I have saved to my computer, at the top, it says -

File - Print- Email - Burn - Open

Each of these have a drop down arrow. Each one does different things, can you get to this point? I got here by double clicking on any picture on my computer. Using the drop down menu under "OPEN", there should be several options or programs that you can use, I happen to have 4, one of those is PAINT, which I use the most because it is the simplest for me.

By clicking on PAINT, I have now opened PAINT in a different window. At the top, there is a HOME and a VIEW, in the Home side, there is a resize button. From there you can change the size by pixels or by percentage. I usually go with percentage, just cause it's easier.

Now if you do not have PAINT at all, I would definitely download the free version.

I posted it here instead of a private message because others may find it useful as well.