Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: How to Upload (Post) Photos

Ok, going to try this. Dog quilt pic is 743 kb, 1.84M, 72 px/inch in my Adobe Photodeluxe prog. Nutcracker is 1376 kb, 20.3M (does this mean MB?). I've always used the "Go Advanced" link and it's different than clicking on the Image icon.Name:  a-Chris's front.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  742.9 KBName:  Nut cracker quilt-TACK W DEC STITCH-2.JPG
Views: 76
Size:  1.34 MB
    This inserts the pics and there is no Preview button this way. So I'll just post it and see what they look like.

Ok, now I'll post the same 2 pics through the Go Advanced button....I guess as attachments. the dog quilt looks the same but the nutcracker one is way too big, cut part of it off. it says the nutcracker is 1.34 mb when the max for a jpg is 1.91mg, so why is part of it cut off? And it's apparent I don't understand what the sizes given in my photo prog mean, eg how does nutcracker @ 20.3M relate to size shown when I upload it as 1.34 MB.

BTW, I use FF v14.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Well, that was interesting! Nutcracker doesn't look as cut off when posted as it did when previewed. And, relating to another question I've had forever, is that on the Attached images, we get the "hand" to enlarge the pics and don't get this when pics are inserted. But again....if you look at my post (that I'd like to remove!) in Pictures titled "test for loading pics", all were Attached, and some have the hand/enlarge icon and some don't. This is driving me nuts! I so wish people would do whatever it takes to be able to enlarge their pics but don't know what it takes! I'll go back and check the settings/sizes of all 8 pics in that post to see how that may be affecting enlarge or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Pollytink View Post
    Ok, going to try this. Dog quilt pic is 743 kb, 1.84M, 72 px/inch in my Adobe Photodeluxe prog. Nutcracker is 1376 kb, 20.3M (does this mean MB?). I've always used the "Go Advanced" link and it's different than clicking on the Image icon.
    This inserts the pics and there is no Preview button this way. So I'll just post it and see what they look like.
    Forgot to say that I did notice the icons this time, i.e. the Insert Image icon, and did these that way, on the next one I did the Go Advanced. Am I driving you nuts yet?!

I cant upload pics in the Tutorial section. I uploaded some but had to abandon my posting. Now I am locked out of uploading. There is a blank screen with an envelope icon with a padlock . Can someone unlock this??

Sandy
    Sandygirl

Janome 9900 / Janome 9700 / Janome Decor 3050 / Janome 1100D serger
    Singer Centennial model (inherited from my late, fav aunt!)

Love this dog quilt!!!!

Sandy
    Sandygirl

Janome 9900 / Janome 9700 / Janome Decor 3050 / Janome 1100D serger
    Singer Centennial model (inherited from my late, fav aunt!)

Blog Entries
    1. click on the little tree
    2. select the photo file (make sure it's not more than 1.9MB in size. less than 1MB is best because a lot of members are on dial-up.)
    3. click on the blue button that says "upload file(s)"

Name:  100_0864.JPG
Views: 47
Size:  1.53 MB
    I Quilt, I Nap, I Quilt Some More ... Aaaaah, The Good Life!

I also have an eddres you can use if you need to contact me with questions or suggestions that relate to our community: patricej@quiltingboard.com

Blog Entries
    we can upload PDF files.
    the steps are the same.
    or, you can click on the blue "Go Advanced" button in order to see the paper clip icon.
    then click on the Manage Attachments button.

the first PDF below was uploaded using the little tree.
    the second was uploaded using the little paper clip.

Sifting Out the Newests Threads & Posts.pdf
    Attached Images Attached Images

I also have an eddres you can use if you need to contact me with questions or suggestions that relate to our community: patricej@quiltingboard.com

Blog Entries
    Sandygirl, i couldn't find any trace of the tutorial you started to post.
    send me a PM, please.

Blog Entries
    Quick question. What is the E:/00-Just Quilts/DSCN0504.JPG? Don't have any identification on my pics on the MAC computer. What do I do once I open the picture?

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 ... LastLast