Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: How to Upload (Post) Photos

Quote Originally Posted by mzzzquilts View Post
    HA! I just went and looked at Patrice's tutorial that started this thread....her screenshot DOES have the standard icons on the buttons for all the tasks....I gotta figure out why I'm not seeing them, maybe others aren't either and that's what is confusing to people!

Attachment 289234
    I'm not seeing them either. I use Firefox. Possibly the ad blocker interferes with them? I have no idea. I just know that every time I visit this site since the "improvements" I feel I've wasted a lot of time trying to do things that were entirely intuitive in the old version.

Patrice,

I can't find this window. When I'm on a thread (say the October DQ Swap thread) to post a photo, I reply by selecting "advanced" which opens up a separate window with the option to "browse" and load photos from the computer. I can't find any of the icons you've suggested here. How do we post pictures when we don't see what you see? Maybe you see something different because you are a community benefactor. I don't know, but this is frustrating.

Blog Entries
    that's a problem associated to the computers and software you are using ... i think. (i can never be absolutely sure about such things because i can't sit with you in person to observe things from your end.)

The first things to consider are the versions of your operating systems and browser software. Outdated OS and browsers won't always work and play well with newer website platforms.

Members still using Windows XP, for example, might need to download and install Google Chrome to use instead of Internet Explorer because the newest versions of IExp do not support XP.
    I Quilt, I Nap, I Quilt Some More ... Aaaaah, The Good Life!

I also have an eddres you can use if you need to contact me with questions or suggestions that relate to our community: patricej@quiltingboard.com

Blog Entries

I See Icons Now!

Quote Originally Posted by PatriceJ View Post
    that's a problem associated to the computers and software you are using ... i think. (i can never be absolutely sure about such things because i can't sit with you in person to observe things from your end.)

The first things to consider are the versions of your operating systems and browser software. Outdated OS and browsers won't always work and play well with newer website platforms.

Members still using Windows XP, for example, might need to download and install Google Chrome to use instead of Internet Explorer because the newest versions of IExp do not support XP.
    Hi Patrice,
    Woo hooo...I now have the icons! I googled the status error I was getting javascript:void('image') when I put my mouse over the blank buttons and found the suggestion to turn off compatability view setting for this site under internet tools. I did that, and I see icons!

I'm using Windows 7 with IE9.

Maybe this will help others, or might alert the programmers to something that can be fixed for all.

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 622
Size:  55.1 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    MzzzQuilts aka Ellen

Well, try try again because the quick reply has the "font" & "size" windows only showing on quick reply. I have a custom built PC, and yes, XP windows home edition.

Upload failed. I clicked on the space, and it said attachments and opened a window to attach a jpeg from my Nikon view picture that always went on the old system...but fails on this one. So something is not working for me; very happy its working out for others, 'cause that means I can still view the beatufil quilts that others make!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Wow, it finally worked!!! Wow!!! Good luck to everyone else. See my cats are "trained" to play in the tree!!

Blog Entries
    I see I see !!! Nina (and others), just because all you see is "font" and "size" labels on the buttons, doesn't mean you don't have the image button. if you hoover your mouse over all the buttons one at a time, they do tell you what each blank button does. I had to upgrade from IE8 to IE9 to get the text and icons on all the buttons, plus I have Windows 7. Try the hoover thing....see if you see the word "image" appear.
    MzzzQuilts aka Ellen

I'm at a loss. Oh well. Tried the go advanced button to see. Nothing. Still stumped.
    Love to laugh everyday

Blog Entries
    I do not have that heading either. How do I get it?
    You will get what you expect to get.

Blog Entries
    Do you have something that looks like this when you click "reply"?
    Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 603
Size:  35.3 KB
    MzzzQuilts aka Ellen

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast