Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: How to Upload (Post) Photos

Haven't been on for a few days. Hope everyone had a happy thanksgiving. No I don't get that screen!
    Love to laugh everyday

Blog Entries
    I can't seem to make this picture thing work. Every time I find the pic I want to attach, a window opens up saying the "The upload of file failed". I tried it several times and can't figure it out. Sure do miss the old easy to navigate site where it was really easy to attach a picture. Any other suggestions?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie R View Post
    I can't seem to make this picture thing work. Every time I find the pic I want to attach, a window opens up saying the "The upload of file failed". I tried it several times and can't figure it out. Sure do miss the old easy to navigate site where it was really easy to attach a picture. Any other suggestions?
    right click on a picture that won't upload, and tell me what the properties are on it, size-wise and complete file name.
    MzzzQuilts aka Ellen

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mzzzquilts View Post
    right click on a picture that won't upload, and tell me what the properties are on it, size-wise and complete file name.
    File name is Table runner 9-2010, File type is JPEG Image, and the size is 4.79MB. Thanks, hope this helps.
    Jackie

Blog Entries
    Hi, yup! 4.79MB is way too big! The max it can be is just under 2 MB, going by memory. PatriceJ has a nice tutorial on how to resize pictures here: Preparing (Resizing) Photos For Successful Upload and Viewing

But even better, if you are just taking pictures for the web, or maybe going to get small 4x6 prints, there's no reason to use a camera setting that takes them as big as 4.79. It just takes up space on the camera, memory card, and/or computer. Try resetting the camera for a smaller picture. Not knowing which camera you have, I can't specifically tell you how, but if you can't figure it out, I could find an online manual for your camera and help further. A setting that takes a 4.79 MB size file would be good if you'd like to print out a 11x17 picture, it would be nice and sharp....but just takes time & space if just taking for the web. Let me know if I can help further
    MzzzQuilts aka Ellen

No I don't have that.
    Love to laugh everyday

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mzzzquilts View Post
    Hi, yup! 4.79MB is way too big! The max it can be is just under 2 MB, going by memory. PatriceJ has a nice tutorial on how to resize pictures here: Preparing (Resizing) Photos For Successful Upload and Viewing

But even better, if you are just taking pictures for the web, or maybe going to get small 4x6 prints, there's no reason to use a camera setting that takes them as big as 4.79. It just takes up space on the camera, memory card, and/or computer. Try resetting the camera for a smaller picture. Not knowing which camera you have, I can't specifically tell you how, but if you can't figure it out, I could find an online manual for your camera and help further. A setting that takes a 4.79 MB size file would be good if you'd like to print out a 11x17 picture, it would be nice and sharp....but just takes time & space if just taking for the web. Let me know if I can help further
    Thank you for the info - will check my camera manual and also try to give this uploading thing another try.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie R View Post
    Thank you for the info - will check my camera manual and also try to give this uploading thing another try.
    You're welcome, and good luck...you can PM me if you need anymore help.
    MzzzQuilts aka Ellen

Blog Entries
    Hi, yeah!!!! I did it, re sized, posted too. Got the information from a friend and here is a swap block I just made for a swap I'm in.
    This block is 9" and on quilterscache.com and called "two the nines".
    jigs1354
    Name:  phpuqmnroPM.jpg
Views: 379
Size:  74.6 KB

Blog Entries
    disregard this post....posted twice
    Last edited by mzzzquilts; 12-05-2011 at 07:21 PM.
    MzzzQuilts aka Ellen

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast