Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: How to Upload (Post) Photos

Blog Entries
    Hi again, the resizing web site I used was called (http://www.shrinkpictures.com, I got this link off the board from June C. posting. I did not have to change anything on my camera using this site at all. On this web site I clicked on browse, find photo you want to resize- click on it, which will load it into the program web site your on, under #2 select new maximum image dimension- I selected 600 pixel. #5 click on button *resize and after 60 secs. my picture was all done,then down load pic. click off that web site & the save button for my pc file, then click remove button on that web site & your done there.
    My upload to QB was a second after clicking on the upload button. it was so fast and easy. I want to thank you sweet, sweet FF for sending me the great instructions for this. Oh yes, I do book mark everything on the new QB so now I have a map to where I found things and now up loading my pics. too.
    jigs1354
    Now I can post my DH quilt hot off my Tin Lizzy LA machine and it's on the bed as of yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie R View Post
    Thank you for the info - will check my camera manual and also try to give this uploading thing another try.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jigs1354 View Post
    Hi, yeah!!!! I did it, re sized, posted too. Got the information from a friend and here is a swap block I just made for a swap I'm in.
    This block is 9" and on quilterscache.com and called "two the nines".
    jigs1354
    Attachment 293555
    Meant to post my reply here....great job on the block, love it....and congrats on posting the picture
    MzzzQuilts aka Ellen

Blog Entries
    thank you mzzzquilts it is a beautiful block, It was a great feeling of accomplishment posting that first photo. It was so fast I couldn't believe it.
    There are angels out there lurking around, like FF
    jigs1354

Great post, i need to try again.
    :-( I wish I was a full time quilter!
    Andrea (Margate, FL)

Blog Entries
    Hi Andrea, do try it again. My post how to upload pics. was so easy after a friend told me how and now I'm encouraging you to try it again. One step at a time is always good. I'm the stubborn one and want it to work like it did on the old board, but I must say after I reduced my pic. size and then uploaded to the new board, I was amazed how fast the pic. popped up on this QB. It was click the upload button & looked up from my keyboard and the pic. was there already. It sure wasn't that quick on the old QB. I have been very discouraged since we got a new place to play and not an easy task to just sign in & go for it. But everyone says only do a day at a time, and I'm sure some of us including me didn't do that. So please sweetie, try it today, tonight and you will be amazed that it does work and better too.
    jigs12354

Quote Originally Posted by leakus View Post
    Great post, i need to try again.

I've been following and trying all of the above and still having a problem. I get the same java message as stated above. How do I "turn off compatability view setting for this site under internet tools. Where is internet tools -- is it on this site. Thanks for any help

Blog Entries
    all the newer versions of browsing software seem to have one common - and extremely annoying - thing in common. they do not automatically display a menu bar.

when using internet explore, if you do not see a menu bar at the top left, with options such as "File", "View", "Tools", etc ... right-click on the bar next to the web address block and select the option "Menu Bar".

i'm embarrassed to admit i can't remember how i turned it on in FireFox. LOL
    i haven't yet figured out how to get a quick-access menu to display in Google Chrome.

anyhoooo ... i digress ...

in Internet Explorer, there is an option under Tools to turn the Compatibility View (CV) on and off.
    if you are feeling particularly brave, there is also a CV settings option.
    in the newer versions of Explorer, you might also see a little CV icon you can click to turn it on and off.

Name:  IExp Compatibility View Icon.jpg
Views: 289
Size:  31.9 KB
    I Quilt, I Nap, I Quilt Some More ... Aaaaah, The Good Life!

I also have an eddres you can use if you need to contact me with questions or suggestions that relate to our community: patricej@quiltingboard.com

Well I finally was able to get into explorer and tools and turn the compatibility view off, but I still do not see the menu with all the buttons on this quick reply. Didn't seem to make any difference at all. Guess I will give up as I was able to post a picture using the hovering technique and I have wasted most of my day trying all this. I have to admit two things: 1. it has been extremely frustrating and 2. I also admit that I have learned a lot today.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dusty222 View Post
    Well I finally was able to get into explorer and tools and turn the compatibility view off, but I still do not see the menu with all the buttons on this quick reply. Didn't seem to make any difference at all. Guess I will give up as I was able to post a picture using the hovering technique and I have wasted most of my day trying all this. I have to admit two things: 1. it has been extremely frustrating and 2. I also admit that I have learned a lot today.
    Just one thought, what version of explorer are you using? You can check by clicking on "help" on the menu bar, then click "about internet explorer". I couldn't see the icons until I upgraded to IE9. Then I didn't like IE9, so reverted back to IE8, and have no problem with having to use the "hoover" method
    MzzzQuilts aka Ellen

Blog Entries
    i wonder if you need to delete your temporary internet files now that you've turned off the compatibility view.
    your browser might be relying on old versions of the pages.

i have to do that whenever i fiddle with my own settings. it might be worth a try.
    I Quilt, I Nap, I Quilt Some More ... Aaaaah, The Good Life!

I also have an eddres you can use if you need to contact me with questions or suggestions that relate to our community: patricej@quiltingboard.com

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast