Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: How to Upload (Post) Photos

Blog Entries
    okay who was the angel that fixed my computer. was it you patrice? thank you. i didn't do anything different except get the WYSIWYG going way down on my settings last nite. god bless you. i feel sane again.

But when i tried to do it again, it wouldn't work. why can't i click on my pixils, and make sure they are less than 600? i get the page, but the clicking on it , doesn't do anything.
    Last edited by sewNso; 02-10-2012 at 08:07 AM.

kso
    testtesttest

still not working
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by kso; 02-10-2012 at 09:36 AM. Reason: text
    "God forbid that I should go to any heaven in which there are no horses" -- Robert Bontine Cunninghame-Graham, letter to Theodore Roosevelt, 1890

Blog Entries
    Looks like you're getting closer, though! Did you by chance browse to just a "shortcut" of the picture, and not the actual file location? The box with the red X makes it look like that's maybe what you did.
    MzzzQuilts aka Ellen

kso
    testtesttestName:  wallet.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  48.8 KB

I figured out that QB does not "like" my bmp files. The directions say it will accept bmp files, but not mine!! Once I changed from bmp to jpeg, the photos loaded fine. Go figure! So if anyone is having trouble loading photos, try converting them to jpeg and then loading them.
    "God forbid that I should go to any heaven in which there are no horses" -- Robert Bontine Cunninghame-Graham, letter to Theodore Roosevelt, 1890

Blog Entries
    where did i read on this thread to resize your pic's on your desktop, then upload. does this work?Name:  SANY0270.JPG
Views: 117
Size:  1.88 MBStill tooo big?
    Last edited by sewNso; 02-10-2012 at 04:44 PM.

Blog Entries
    that's not too bad, although it does appear that part of the photo might be cut off on the right.
    still, it doesn't eat the page and it loaded lickity-split.

there are several suggestions in this thread for ways to resize before upload. i recommend your read all the way through. all the suggested methods will work, but you'll be able to experiment to choose the one you like best.

Preparing (Resizing) Photos For Successful Upload and Viewing
    I Quilt, I Nap, I Quilt Some More ... Aaaaah, The Good Life!

I also have an eddres you can use if you need to contact me with questions or suggestions that relate to our community: patricej@quiltingboard.com

Blog Entries
    Thanks for this post. I haven't tried it yet, but will try later.

Blog Entries
    If you go to the box at the end of this page where you reply in, It has 3 icon on the R- side. the last 1 you see is like a balloon for adding text, then the 1 to the L of that says insert video, the the third one says insert image. Click that one and you get an option to up load a pic. When you click that image icon the page gets cloudy, then a box pops up with URL on the right, you want the box that says Browse, click this & it takes you to your pc where you have pics. stored in files (I alway have mine on my desk top for ease of finding them). Click on the pic you want then the window opens up and a number from your pic will then be loaded in the box of the "BROWSER" & you see on the L side "UPLOAD" (Click on that) You have to do this on every pic. you want loaded.
    I hope this helps you.
    But first make sure you know where your pics. are stored on your pc.
    jigs1354(Shirley)

Quote Originally Posted by mzzzquilts View Post
    I don't get a "button", it's just the words "upload file(s)" showing directly below the browse window. Do you see that? It's an active link that starts the upload.
    Jigs1354
    A clean house is the sign of an empty mind, a house has to be done again tomorrow, but hand work last for ever.
    By Unknown

Blog Entries
    Your camera settings need to be smaller. Check to see what your are. Your settings on your camera are easy to change pic. size. Find those settings and then click on the camera button to go down to a smaller size, if you have a camera with a window you should be able to see the sizes listed. I set mine between 450-600 and it worked just fine. Don't be afraid to change the settings. There are places on line that will change photos size to 600 or less. Google it.
    Hope this helps
    jigs1354/ Shirley

Quote Originally Posted by sewNso View Post
    okay who was the angel that fixed my computer. was it you patrice? thank you. i didn't do anything different except get the WYSIWYG going way down on my settings last nite. god bless you. i feel sane again.

But when i tried to do it again, it wouldn't work. why can't i click on my pixils, and make sure they are less than 600? i get the page, but the clicking on it , doesn't do anything.
    Jigs1354
    A clean house is the sign of an empty mind, a house has to be done again tomorrow, but hand work last for ever.
    By Unknown

Blog Entries
    someone, (you) said the pic's have to be less than 600 pixels. 599, didn't work. nor 400 . when i did 300, it worked. i think i read someplace, that someone used 100, for a baby sling? resized on the desktop, after i made sure my computer was enabled with WYSIWYG. thx, patrice, if i can do it, anyone can.

will check the camera also. thx.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 ... LastLast