Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Is the large envelope and private message notice an ad??

Is the large envelope and private message notice an ad??

When I am on the main forum page, there is this large envelope across the top third of the page and a message to the right of that saying "private message." I have resisted clicking on it because I'm sure it must be an ad. Has anyone else seen such a thing on their screen? Did you click on it? I'd love to hear if others have seen it.

I havel it also -inquiring minds need to know the answer.

Power Poster
    I have never had that. If I get a PM, it is a little notice up by my sign in name. The Notifacations will have a little rectangle sign with 1 message on it. You click on it to go to your inbox.

Blog Entries
    If you hover your mouse over the envelope, down in the bottom left hand corner of the screen should display the link you would go to if you actually clicked on what ever that is. I always check to make sure that the address of where I am going is where i really want to go, before clicking.

I just clicked on the upper right side to close the thing and it says it is an ad from Google--it did go away this time--who knows when it will come up again.

Quote Originally Posted by CarolynMT View Post
    If you hover your mouse over the envelope, down in the bottom left hand corner of the screen should display the link you would go to if you actually clicked on what ever that is. I always check to make sure that the address of where I am going is where i really want to go, before clicking.
    I thought I'd give this a try but today it isn't there any more. Glad to know others had same issue and glad it is gone. Thanks for all the help.

Blog Entries
    It is an AD, don't fall for it.
    J J (jbj137)

I am a G.R.I.T.
    G = girl R =raised I = in T = the S = South

It's an ad. I thought I needed to have it as am unfamiliar with PMs and did the download, then promptly uninstalled it.