Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > QB Help Center
my link to the board >

my link to the board

my link to the board

Old 08-31-2015, 05:06 PM

Default my link to the board

When I first registered here, I signed on for the newsletter. It came a few times and then stopped --for whatever reason I do not know. But I did not panic. I simply click on http://quiltingboard.com /main-f1/ which I have saved in "my favorites" folder.. I see in this category that only 2 posts are not bemoaning the fact their newsletter is not being delivered. I have no problem at all getting to the site, I'm connecting to the "main" page with my link, but easily get to the other categories by clicking on "Home". Everything you get in the newsletter can be found directly. i come to visit here almost daily and always via my saved link.
Old 09-01-2015, 08:30 AM
Power Poster

Have you read the post on the site? PatricaJ has addressed this issue in numerous post in the QB help section.
Old 09-01-2015, 10:58 AM

And she keeps advising or suggesting that the best way to read the posts is to go there by your own link. I don't understand the stubbornness of insisting on getting an email each day, which ultimately can lead into all subject categories on this board. Poor Patricia has no time to quilt because she's constantly replying to "my newsletter didn't come today". Am I sounding like a rant? I would just like to read something new in the "help" section! I shut my mouth now!
Old 09-01-2015, 12:06 PM

Mermaid, I SECOND your emotion.
Old 09-01-2015, 12:51 PM
Administrator

may I "third" it? LOL LOL LOL
Old 09-01-2015, 02:31 PM
Power Poster

I have Quilting Board saved in my favorites, also. Just click on, log in and no problem. It gets me where I want to be every time. I don't need a newsletter to my email. I do a couple clicks and good to go unless my computer decides to have a hissy fit.
Originally Posted by mermaid View Post
When I first registered here, I signed on for the newsletter. It came a few times and then stopped --for whatever reason I do not know. But I did not panic. I simply click on http://quiltingboard.com /main-f1/ which I have saved in "my favorites" folder.. I see in this category that only 2 posts are not bemoaning the fact their newsletter is not being delivered. I have no problem at all getting to the site, I'm connecting to the "main" page with my link, but easily get to the other categories by clicking on "Home". Everything you get in the newsletter can be found directly. i come to visit here almost daily and always via my saved link.
Old 09-01-2015, 07:50 PM

I'm wondering why, if it is so unpredictable, it is even offered as an option. I'm sure there would be an uproar if it wasn't, but maybe it would be a fast uproar, then Patrice wouldn't have to keep answering the same questions. I assume, though, that it is a part of the forum software program.
Old 09-02-2015, 04:18 AM

The quickie email version of QB was condensed, picking up the most "talked about" in each category. I found I would read that, then go thru server to full version to see what else was happening... Now I just go to direct quilting board- one less email to delete at days end! No complaints as long as I can get my QB fix of the day! Thanks to those who created/ maintain this great "breakfast club"( for me, anyway)....
Old 09-20-2015, 03:13 PM
Power Poster

Seems to me it is just as fast to go directly to www.quiltingboard.com

I'm here so often that I just have to type "qu" - and the rest of the address comes up by itself!
Old 09-20-2015, 04:36 PM

I 4th, 5th, 6th, etc. it! One more suggestion, make www.quiltingboard.com your home page, then every time you open your browser *BOOM* you're here! You can easily do this in your browser options.