Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > QB Help Center
Need help posting pictures, please. >

Need help posting pictures, please.

Need help posting pictures, please.

Old 12-29-2011, 04:33 PM

Default Need help posting pictures, please.

I know I'm just a computer dummy and feel like an idiot especially after finally getting a picture posted last night and now I can't. The pictures of the stocking and the baby with Santa was in My Documents and each one had a series of numbers and i clicked on the beginning and they went through. I noticed today when trying to find the table toppers I wanted to post they were under My Pictures and all the pictures had IMG before the number for each one.
When I clicked on manage attachments the window for browse and upload didn't come up. I was wondering if th IMG letters had anything to do with it, since they are not listed in the manage attachments line. I don't see how it could because the computer didn't know I was going to those pictures. I guess it's smarter than I am LOL If this is understandable, does anyone know what I'm talking about? Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you for listening to a dummy

sassy granny
Old 12-29-2011, 05:00 PM

If you don't have the reply box with the tool bar across the top go to "SETTINGS", then to "GENERAL SETTINGS". Scroll down to "MISCELLANEOUS OPTIONS" and select "STANDARD EDITOR". Once you save the changes you should now have the reply box with the tool bar across the top. Count over 4 selections from the right in the tool bar. It should be "INSERT IMAGE". Click on that and then follow the instructions from there. Hope this helps. You are in no way a dummy. There have been more times than I can count when I've been able to do something with this computer and then 5 minutes later can't remember how I did it. LOL!! Hope this helps. If you're still having problems PM me and we'll get it straightened out.

Last edited by KimS; 12-29-2011 at 05:04 PM.
Old 12-29-2011, 05:12 PM

Thanks so much Kim, I'll try it and see what I can do with it.

sassy granny
Old 12-29-2011, 05:34 PM

This is just crazy. I've spent enough time on this board today to make a full bed size quilt. I can't do it, I'm wasting too much good sewing time. I went through the settings and saved and that was it. I didn't get a reply box with or without a tool bar. Thanks again Kim. I think it's a waste of time. I've tried and tried to learn how to maneuver around this board but I just don't like it. It's too hard. I wish they had left the old one alone. I had just been on long enough to be learning my way around it but hadn't posted pictures yet. I was getting ready to tackle that when they changed
Maybe someday but for now I've got to get to working on my fabrics.

Sassy granny
Old 12-29-2011, 05:58 PM

There's another way you might try. Once you've posted your thread click on the "EDIT POST" button at the bottom of your post. Then go to the bottom of the page and select "GO ADVANCED". Then go to the middle of the page where you'll see "MANAGEMENT ATTACHMENTS". Click on that and another window will come up. Click on "BROWSE" and choose the picture you want to upload. Watch the middle of the window until you see it tell you the picture has been uploaded successfully before closing that window. If you close too soon the picture won't load. Don't give up!

Last edited by KimS; 12-29-2011 at 06:03 PM.
Old 12-29-2011, 05:59 PM

Hi Sassy Granny, you're NOT a dummy! Sometimes technology is just too much trouble and takes too much time!! If you feel like tackling it another day here's what I did (sort of!). Before I logged onto the Quilting Board I resized the picture. I opened it in a different picture manager and kept looking around in 'properties' until I found 'resize,' then I chose the smallest option from the drop down menu and saved it like that. When I tried to attach it to my QB post it went in fine. Good luck. Don't blame you for getting back to quilting!
Old 12-29-2011, 06:02 PM
Power Poster

IMG - is a file type and that file is not supported by the board. These are the files supported by the board :Valid file extensions: bmp doc gif jpe jpeg jpg pdf png. Can you resave the pics with another extension ? Also make sure they are Web size
Old 12-29-2011, 06:34 PM

Thanks Sharon, Cindy and Kim, I think I will probably have to resave the pictures in another file. For some reason, I can't pull them up when browsing. I didn't have that much trouble last night getting the stocking and baby with Santa on. In fact, it went so quick, I really didn't even think about what I was doing. I'll try another day. I've had enough for this one.

Goodnight all
sassy granny
Old 12-29-2011, 06:46 PM

Goodnight. Sleep tight
Old 12-29-2011, 06:53 PM
Power Poster

So sorry you are having such troubles - I work in the morning - but will be home after 1 tomorrow - if you want to PM me maybe I can help you more ?