Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > QB Help Center
new flash player & java ads >

new flash player & java ads

new flash player & java ads

Old 01-03-2014, 08:23 AM

Default new flash player & java ads

oh oh... getting those virus pop ups again today.... off for now!
Old 01-03-2014, 08:45 PM
Power Poster

I had them again today .... first thing in the morning.

Shut the system down until this evening, and all has been good ...................... so far!
Old 01-04-2014, 09:12 AM

No, it's still happening to me this morning, even after clearing out all the cache, it's so annoying. A few weeks back, clearing the cache worked great. Only this site! Guess I'll get alot more sewing done again today, instead of enjoying everyone's pictures.
Old 01-04-2014, 11:20 AM
Power Poster

[QUOTE=thimblebug6000;6492202]No, it's still happening to me this morning, even after clearing out all the cache, it's so annoying. A few weeks back, clearing the cache worked great. Only this site! Guess I'll get alot more sewing done again today, instead of enjoying everyone's pictures.[/QUOTE

All's been good here since I shut down let it sleep for awhile.
Not that, that solved the problem, but it;s nice to think it did!!

Did you contact PatriceJ directly, to make sure she is aware?

FOR OTHERS .... BEWARE .... do not accept that invitation to Java, nor click into it.
Exit via your Task Manager to avoid rogue applications getting into your system.

Otherwise, you will have worse problems than just this being an annoyance.
Old 01-04-2014, 07:04 PM

I think it is this site that may possibly have the malware on it. I have been on several different sites and web pages and the only time the pop ups happen is when I am on the quilting board site. I did get sucked in to updating my Java last night when on this site. This downloads other things to your computer and fortunately something else popped up that made me realize I had been spoofed into downloading the Java update. These are very hard to get off of your computer and after searching the internet finally found a way to do it without harming my computer and before I went on to use a password on a different site. Unfortunately spamware, antivirus and security programs cannot detect this malware.

Could the computer people on the quiltingboard site check to see if this malware is lurking in your system please.
Old 01-05-2014, 04:15 AM
Administrator

we do NOT have malware.
the site and all servers are checked thoroughly and routinely.

the tech and marketing teams do their best to block the ads like the one described.
whenever you see a pop-up of any kind, and especially ads that tell you to install something, please report that to [email protected]
include a screenshot if you can.

in the end, though, it's up to each user to educate her/himself about general surfing safety - no matter where you go on the internet.

java, flash player, and similar software have their own update notification systems.
they will appear on your computer as necessary and appropriate, and will independent of your browsing software.
they will never appear at all if you do not have them already installed on your system.

never click through when an ad tells you something needs to be installed or scanned.