Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 16 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Picture issues

Picture issues

I am unable to view pictures included within a post using Firefox 3.6.23. What I see is a box containing a paper clip and the words "Attachments Included". Nothing happened when I clicked on it. I then went and tried the Internet Explorer browser. Then I could see three boxes to click that brought up the pictures. Are we going to have to bring up pictures to see them displayed or will they be displayed automatically. Right now on my computer they are not being displayed within the context of the post but have to be viewed outside of the board. Is there something I need to change on this end? Does one browser work better than another? Ann in TN
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 11-05-2011 at 04:18 PM. Reason: clarify title

I also have problems viewing posted pics.....had to download pic in order to see it....guess I won't be seeing more - not gonna download every pic....

Quote Originally Posted by ncredbird View Post
    I am unable to view pictures included within a post using Firefox 3.6.23. What I see is a box containing a paper clip and the words "Attachments Included". Nothing happened when I clicked on it. I then went and tried the Internet Explorer browser. Then I could see three boxes to click that brought up the pictures. Are we going to have to bring up pictures to see them displayed or will they be displayed automatically. Right now on my computer they are not being displayed within the context of the post but have to be viewed outside of the board. Is there something I need to change on this end? Does one browser work better than another? Ann in TN
    This may be a browser issue. You are using an old version of Firefox. The current version is 7.0.1, which I am using. I have no problem with viewing photos. To update your Firefox, click on the help menu, then "about firefox". It will tell you your version and should have a link to update (at least that's how it is on the current version - the older versions may have this elsewhere).

Blog Entries
    I can't find out how to post a pic onto my blog and no one has given me any suggestions or hints. I have an attachments manager, but that is it.
    http://signatures.mylivesignature.co...7247D7C28F.png
    http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/em...ticon-0061.gif

A man's got to do what a man's got to do. A woman does what he can't.
    http://www.quiltsinireland.com

Blog Entries
    Creating and editing blog posts is the same as doing it in Threads (Topics).

I recommend you always choose to "Go Advanced". That's where all the goodies are.

Images are inserted in one of two ways: Direct or Thumbnails.

If you want to insert the picture, click on the Image icon. (move your mouse around. each icon will reveal a text identifier.) You can upload the image from your computer or embed a URL.)

To attach thumbnails, click on the Attachments icon. (looks like a paper clip.)

Personally, i prefer to upload the photos from my computer. I find thumbnails annoying and they take extras steps to attach.
    I Quilt, I Nap, I Quilt Some More ... Aaaaah, The Good Life!

I also have an eddres you can use if you need to contact me with questions or suggestions that relate to our community: patricej@quiltingboard.com

Blog Entries
    Creating and editing blog posts is the same as doing it in Threads (Topics).

I recommend you always choose to "Go Advanced". That's where all the goodies are.

Images are inserted in one of two ways: Direct or Thumbnails.

If you want to insert the picture, click on the Image icon. (move your mouse around. each icon will reveal a text identifier.) You can upload the image from your computer or embed a URL.)

To attach thumbnails, click on the Attachments icon. (looks like a paper clip.)

Personally, i prefer to upload the photos from my computer. I find thumbnails annoying and they take extras steps to attach.
    I Quilt, I Nap, I Quilt Some More ... Aaaaah, The Good Life!

I also have an eddres you can use if you need to contact me with questions or suggestions that relate to our community: patricej@quiltingboard.com

How to post a picture

I am trying to learn this new set up but not computing in my head very fast! How does a person go about posting a picture?
    Thanks

How to post a picture

Hi, I'm still struggling with this new format. I posted a reply on a thread I started a few days ago ..... tried to attach a picture but, alas, it didn't show up. And the posting doesn't show up on the main page either. I'm NOT very handy with computers until I really LEARN the changes. Can anyone help me out here?

When you want to add a picture (at least this is the view I seenon my iPad), you 1) click on POST QUICK REPLY on bottom right. 2) click on GO ADVANCED 3) click on MANAGE ATTACHMENTS 4) browse for your file then click on UPLOAD 5)then click on CLOSE WINDOW 6) click on SUBMIT

Okay, I'll try that. Thanks.

Page 1 of 16 1 2 11 ... LastLast