Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Preparing (Resizing) Photos For Successful Upload and Viewing

Name:  IMG_0342 - Copy.JPG
Views: 117
Size:  26.1 KB testing attachment skills

I have been having a big problem trying to download pics. For some reason I used to be able to. Now nothing. I have Resized and still it wont let me. I know its something in my PC. but what???

Blog Entries
    if you are using internet explorer 10, try switching to a different browser.
    their last update has created several problems for a lot of people.
    I Quilt, I Nap, I Quilt Some More ... Aaaaah, The Good Life!

I also have an eddres you can use if you need to contact me with questions or suggestions that relate to our community: patricej@quiltingboard.com

How do I post pictures from my iPhone 4?

I still CANNOT post photos! When I click on the icon "insert image" and little box comes up and I select "computer". Then I click on browse and choose photo to be posted and then upload file and nothing happens. What am I doing wrong. This makes me VERY angry. HELP!!! ~~Ann~~

Blog Entries
    have you checked to make sure the file is within the size limit?
    I Quilt, I Nap, I Quilt Some More ... Aaaaah, The Good Life!

I also have an eddres you can use if you need to contact me with questions or suggestions that relate to our community: patricej@quiltingboard.com

Quote Originally Posted by anndr View Post
    I still CANNOT post photos! When I click on the icon "insert image" and little box comes up and I select "computer". Then I click on browse and choose photo to be posted and then upload file and nothing happens. What am I doing wrong. This makes me VERY angry. HELP!!! ~~Ann~~
    Change your camera pixel settings to 640X480. Take a test photo and try to post it. If that works then you know that your re-sizing did not work and the pics are to large.
    Sweet Caroline

Blog Entries

Trial run

Hopefully this will work. This is the first picture I have tried to show. This is a Quilt I made for a friend last year for Christmas.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Be kind to yourself, by being kind to others. When you help others you help yourself.

Blog Entries
    Thanks PatriceJ and Jennie Penny and to all the others who helped us. You all don't know how long I have been trying to send pictures. Now I feel like I can be a real member of this board. Hope you all don't get tired of seeing things I have done. I LOVE you all. I am one happy camper. Hugs to you all and HAPPY NEW YEAR. BrendaK
    Be kind to yourself, by being kind to others. When you help others you help yourself.

Where is 'Preview'?

Quote Originally Posted by AndiR View Post
    On a Mac, you can resize an image in Preview. Open the image, then in the Tools menu select Adjust Size. For viewing online I reduce the Resolution to 75.

There is also an online option for resizing photos that I use often - Picnik. http://www.picnik.com/ You don't need to register or download anything. Choose a photo, then go to the edit tab and find Resize on the lower left. There are many other adjustments you can make to your photo there as well. When finished, click the Save & Share tab to save the revised photo.
    If I have a photo to post and am in iPhoto and select the photo I want to resize, I do not find 'Preview' anywhere across the top toolbar. What step(s) have I missed or have in the wrong order?

I do hope the photo dilemma can be improved on as the previous instructions to post worked for Macs much easier.

Thanks for your help!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 LastLast