Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 6 7

Thread: Preparing (Resizing) Photos For Successful Upload and Viewing

Quote Originally Posted by laynak View Post
    If I have a photo to post and am in iPhoto and select the photo I want to resize, I do not find 'Preview' anywhere across the top toolbar. What step(s) have I missed or have in the wrong order?

I do hope the photo dilemma can be improved on as the previous instructions to post worked for Macs much easier.

Thanks for your help!
    I'll 2nd that and add IPads to that as well.
    Sharon
    NH
    Sharon
    NH
    221K Featherweight 1968 white, 221 Featherweight Centennial,
    221 Featherweight 1948 sad condition I think she wants to be pink

Quote Originally Posted by mzzzquilts View Post
    No iPad here, but it's been discussed many times, here's one tip pasted from a previous post:

For pictures to show up on QB the right way, you take the picture with the iPad horizontal not vertical. It puts the picture in your camera roll. You open a new thread, type in your text and click on the tiny paper clip to manage attachments. The little box will come up and you choose from existing, click on the picture from your camera roll, click upload, click submit and voila!
    I did that exactly that from my ipad and the pictures still uploaded to big.
    Sharon
    NH

I do not know if this has been mentioned but the format of the image also makes a big difference. PNG formats have much larger files than a jpg. Reason is PNG are for editing so things are not merged together. jpg is merged into a single layer so they are smaller. I have a recipe program that I failed to notice the default setting was PNG so every recipe took twice the memory on my computer. Once converted to jpg everything was lightning fast for loading. You can keep your original as PNG but save another copy a jpg and it will speed things up.

Quote Originally Posted by Smorris17119 View Post
    I did that exactly that from my ipad and the pictures still uploaded to big.
    Thanks but the issue was not about uploading pictures but resizing pictures so they'll show up smaller.
    Sharon
    NH

Blog Entries
    I hear ya.... the elusive 1/4 seam still evades me too!
    Mother yourself just as you would your own children, you will be surprised how much better you feel...Debbie Marie

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 6 7