Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QB Help Center (https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help-center-f27/)
-   -   Another way to post Photos from a Mac (https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help-center-f27/another-way-post-photos-mac-t248166.html)

judy363905 06-09-2014 08:13 AM

Another way to post Photos from a Mac

Good Morning,
I had another class at Apple for our Mac OSX 10.9 and this what I learned...I asked my trainer if i could post her instructions and she said sure.

To Upload Photo on Quiltingboards use Mac
#1. Open iPhoto and find the photo you want to up load
#2. Drag photo onto Desktop
#3. Close iPhoto
#4. Double click on photo on Desktop (should Open in Preview)
#5 Go to Tools -- Adjust Size
#6. You can adjust the 'Pixels" -- it will show you the size of the file below (either MB or KB) --
** Pixels must be smaller than 1.91 MB when you adjust
#7. Close out of photo and it will Save
#8 Go to Quilting Site and Manage Attachments to Upload
#9 Choose the photo from the desktop to upload

You can then trash the photo from the desktop as it is still in your iPhoto at original size

Try this it really works...:)

Judy in Phx, AZ

ManiacQuilter2 06-09-2014 08:27 AM

Thanks for posting. It is hard to keep the instructions for posting photos current with such a variety of computers and operating systems. I was told I could NOT post from a computer running XP but I figure out a way that I could!! I am sure some board members will find this helpful.

judy363905 06-09-2014 09:46 AM

You are most welcome ManiacQuilter2, I found that finding a way to post photos made me happy :)

Judy

junipergal 06-11-2014 08:47 AM

thank you Judy!

ljptexas 09-04-2014 04:53 AM

Thanks soooooo much!! I have been having trouble.. looks like my pic is bigger than recommend.

ljptexas 09-15-2014 03:49 AM

Judy - I've tried. But at #9 - it won't give me a choice of choosing pic from desktop….
Also, sizes? Doesn't show in MBs…. HELP!!!!!
These latest pics are from a digital camera, whereas before pics were from a different camera (that I have misplaced!!!! so mad at myself)… so went to this digitial & it was a bugger to transfer. Had to get a stick & it takes all pics off camera, once their on computer.
Thanks…..

Mary O 09-15-2014 03:57 AM

thank you so much.gonna bookmark and follow.hubby will be happy that he doesn't have to show me.

judy363905 09-16-2014 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by ljptexas (Post 6889037)
Judy - I've tried. But at #9 - it won't give me a choice of choosing pic from desktop….
These latest pics are from a digital camera, whereas before pics were from a different camera (that I have misplaced!!!! so mad at myself)… so went to this digitial & it was a bugger to transfer. Had to get a stick & it takes all pics off camera, once their on computer.
Thanks…..

So sorry I will get on the Mac and see if I can figure out why... If not I can check with my instructor when I have my next class. ..will try to post again tonight . I am just learning to use our Mac I am not an expert :)

Judy in Phx, AZ

judy363905 09-16-2014 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by ljptexas (Post 6889037)
Thanks…..

Hi again, I just posted photo in Pictures using the instructions in #1 post here. Tips when you goto #6 Tools it shows MB on the bottom left... adjust the photo size and see if it get in the range. close out and then go to quilting boards. When you go to post and continue on the "Manage attachments" it will take you to choose photo when you click on existing photo a box on the top right our your screen drops down select desktop and then click on the actual photo, select Choose and then upload photo. Please try it again using the steps and them small tips... :)

Judy

ania755 10-12-2016 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by judy363905 (Post 6751516)
Good Morning,
I had another class at Apple for our Mac OSX 10.9 and this what I learned...I asked my trainer if i could post her instructions and she said sure.

To Upload Photo on Quiltingboards use Mac
#1. Open iPhoto and find the photo you want to up load
#2. Drag photo onto Desktop
#3. Close iPhoto
#4. Double click on photo on Desktop (should Open in Preview)
#5 Go to Tools -- Adjust Size
#6. You can adjust the 'Pixels" -- it will show you the size of the file below (either MB or KB) --
** Pixels must be smaller than 1.91 MB when you adjust
#7. Close out of photo and it will Save
#8 Go to Quilting Site and Manage Attachments to Upload
#9 Choose the photo from the desktop to upload

You can then trash the photo from the desktop as it is still in your iPhoto at original size

Try this it really works...:)

Judy in Phx, AZ

Judy, everything is fine till I get the Tools option and the size come with KB.......I did tried the smallest option but it was still too big ????? (Mac book Pro)
Thanks