Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QB Help Center (https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help-center-f27/)
-   -   Can I delete a post? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help-center-f27/can-i-delete-post-t217521.html)

Pollytink 03-27-2013 11:21 AM

Can I delete a post?

I asked for help in posting pics yesterday and have no replies yet. So will try again. I wanted to post pics of some lap quilt's I'd finished and did a post "test for loading pics", didn't realize I could preview it and see what the pic would look like so tried to do a different post with the pics. I didn't realize that it would get tacked on as a reply to the first one! So now my pics are posted in Pictures with that title with few views! Can I delete that post and start over? Or is it ok to post another post with the pics and a different title?

And BTW, so many of the directions I could find on posting pics don't seem relevant to what I see when I try to do this...the icons that show, etc. In Patrice's 11/11 post on this, none of it looks like what I see when I try to post a msg and add pics. I edit my pics on my computer with Adobe Photo Deluxe and have them ready to post in a folder on my computer. I've tried to find info on what size they should be with no success.

Thanks!

[h=1][/h]

kitsykeel 03-27-2013 06:19 PM

I don't know if this will answer your question, but I finally figured out how to post pictures after two and 1/2 years. I bring the picture I want to post into paint and reduce it by 50%. I then click browse (which comes up after clicking on the picture frame on the quilting board) and click on the pic I want. Then when I right click on my picture it says select at the top, which I click and it goes into the browse box. I then click upload and it works every time. Let me know if this works for you. I may be leaving some steps out

BDawn 03-27-2013 06:49 PM

Latrinka sent me this link how to post pictures and I really helped.

Hope this helps you as well.Preparing (Resizing) Photos For Successful Upload and Viewing

Pollytink 03-27-2013 06:54 PM

[QUOTE=kitsykeel;5959183]I don't know if this will answer your question, but I finally figured out how to post pictures after two and 1/2 years. /QUOTE]

I did figure out actually 2 ways to do it, with the Insert Image icon or thru Go Advanced. I'm still not sure about sizing them....I do it in my Adobe Photodeluxe. The thing I wanted to do was to delete the post that the pics ended up in but with a title of "Test for Loading Pics"! I'd like to repost it with a different title so it would get more views. I thought about just doing a new post with the pics but that's prob not allowed and I guess it's dumb of me to worry about it. I was just so disappointed I messed it up.

mzzzquilts 03-28-2013 03:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
You could email PatriceJ @ [email protected] and explain and ask if she could remove it.

Did you know that if you use the picture frame icon to insert a picture, after you insert it, you can double click on it and get options as to size & position?

Here's the chart showing file size max for the different file types supported:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]404875[/ATTACH]

Sassy08 03-28-2013 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by mzzzquilts (Post 5959667)
You could email PatriceJ @ [email protected] and explain and ask if she could remove it.

Did you know that if you use the picture frame icon to insert a picture, after you insert it, you can double click on it and get options as to size & position?

Here's the chart showing file size max for the different file types supported:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]404875[/ATTACH]

Thank you for this chart. I'm putting a copy of this post where I can easily find it. Of course, on many days "easily find it" is a big joke for me! ;). [/Quote]

Sierra 03-28-2013 07:59 AM

Thank you all for addressing this issue!!!! I wrote to the monitors almost 3 years ago and was told there was no problem (I had suggested they get an "upload photo" button or something similar like email programs use). I followed directions that were given by PatriceJ and a couple of other people on the QB but I simply could not find the words they said to click on! I'm old, and most of the terms, apparently, are clear to the younger people, but I don't know what most of these computer-age techy words mean, so I can't look for their "equivalent".

If QB can come up with all the awsome aspects they have, surely they can come up with a simple way for us to add photos! Again, THANX!