Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QB Help Center (https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help-center-f27/)
-   -   IPad (https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help-center-f27/ipad-t263502.html)

decky 04-02-2015 03:42 PM

IPad

I have a new IPad and all of a sudden I'm getting all kinds of ads everyday. Is there anyway I can get rid of the darn things. I left the pad on Tuesday and was in the hospital the last two days. When I got back on it I had emails from way back when, so of them were from 2010. I sent them to junk mail and when I went into the junk mail they weren't there. Don't know where they went!!! Any one know what I should do? I don't have anyone I can ask for help, have learned everything by trial and error.

Tartan 04-02-2015 06:46 PM

My DIZl set mine up and click on add blocker in settings? I am not sure but Google how yo go it on your iPad and you should find step by step instructions. As for your emails that you sent to the trash, click on mailbox and they should still be there until you send them into the trash.

institches33 04-03-2015 05:39 AM

Your computer must be in sync to your ipad and that's why your are getting old emails. Delete them from your computer and that should fix it, or delete them from your ipad and they will be gone from your computer.

Same goes for smart phones.

Check your Spam (Yahoo) or Junk (Google) folder for junk mail or your trash. You can also do a search in email if you know the name of the file for which you are looking.

Be careful when entering contests or ordering on line. There is usually a box to check if you want to receive emails from the site....AND FROM THEIR PARTNERS. That's when the mailbox gets full.

Hope this helps.

ManiacQuilter2 04-03-2015 05:45 AM

There is so much new when getting a new tablet.

roguequilter 04-03-2015 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by institches33 (Post 7151830)
Your computer must be in sync to your ipad and that's why your are getting old emails. Delete them from your computer and that should fix it, or delete them from your ipad and they will be gone from your computer.

Same goes for smart phones.

Check your Spam (Yahoo) or Junk (Google) folder for junk mail or your trash. You can also do a search in email if you know the name of the file for which you are looking.

Be careful when entering contests or ordering on line. There is usually a box to check if you want to receive emails from the site....AND FROM THEIR PARTNERS. That's when the mailbox gets full.

Hope this helps.

i agree w all you advise here. i would like to add that i think icloud is probably the culprit. i have had my ipad for several years and never had any issues until my son gave me one of his apple laptops and synced it to my ipad via icloud. what a mess. if i unsynced i lost everything on ipad, sync and i was being flooded in both directions. finally have some of it turned off and still trying to clean up the mess caused by icloud pulling all my sorted files of photos and bookmarks out of order and scrambling them. i hate icloud. i have new pc now running 7 & no cloud or the "group" thing they have now.

madamekelly 04-03-2015 12:14 PM

I am willing to help with Ipad questions, but I am most familiar with Ipad2. PM me and I will walk you through.

decky 04-03-2015 04:48 PM

I think I solved my problem. It had too do with ICloud. What I was doing is closing my pad down all the way, trying to save on my battery. Well on either Wed or Thurs nights ICloud would do something, but don't ask me what. Any way I would get a message every week saying that ICloud hadn't done the work since I was closing all the way. It said to just shut down and with it locked it would work. Left it on and wonders of wonders I no longer am getting all the junk mail and ads. Like I said, I'm on my own with the pad and working thru on how too do things. Thanks for all the answers, if I get stuck again I will get in contact with some of you.

roguequilter 04-03-2015 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by decky (Post 7152482)
I think I solved my problem. It had too do with ICloud. What I was doing is closing my pad down all the way, trying to save on my battery. Well on either Wed or Thurs nights ICloud would do something, but don't ask me what. Any way I would get a message every week saying that ICloud hadn't done the work since I was closing all the way. It said to just shut down and with it locked it would work. Left it on and wonders of wonders I no longer am getting all the junk mail and ads. Like I said, I'm on my own with the pad and working thru on how too do things. Thanks for all the answers, if I get stuck again I will get in contact with some of you.

learning by "pushing buttons" was how my son taught me computer skills. when he got me the ipad so i could still do my online reading while prone w my heating pad, he said the same thing. just push buttons. tho, the ipad is a lot more complex than my computer ..i think. it does things intuitively that my pc doesn't. there are apple links for tutorials for using the ipad, icloud etc, but like you, i am learning as i go along. i have ipad3 ..love it for photography and reading :)