Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QB Help Center (https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help-center-f27/)
-   -   Photo frustration (https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help-center-f27/photo-frustration-t202558.html)

leighway 10-07-2012 08:54 AM

Photo frustration

Ok guys, I know my way around computers and I must have some setting wrong on this board. I cannot find this elusive icon with the tree to allow me to upload a photo!! and I'm getting frustrated. there are some icons to the bottom which are for exclamations and nothing anywhere else. Nothing on the top of the window, no icon, no text, no link...this is making me CRAZY!! what do I need to do?

Sierra 10-07-2012 08:59 AM

I'm with you. I've been trying since the changeover and I cannot post a picture. PatriceJ told me thousands do it every day and there is no problem. I'll be watching this link very closely. My computer is a MacBookPro which may put me out of the mainstream of posting pics. I thought I had posted a pictures for one of the contests and found out later that "no one had entered"! aaaagh.....

QuiltnNan 10-07-2012 09:22 AM

to get the tree icon to show up... go to settings, general settings, scroll way down, choose WYSIWYG. be sure to save your settings.

patricej 10-07-2012 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by Sierra (Post 5568500)
I'll be watching this link very closely.

change your settings.

Sierra 10-08-2012 07:09 AM

1 Attachment(s)
It might be more helpful if someone with a Mac (in my case, anyway) said WHAT settings to change. I went to settings, made sure WYSIWYG was on. So now I can post, right?[ATTACH=CONFIG]368347[/ATTACH]
Thank you, Quiltnnan.... that was so much more helpful!

ligia 10-08-2012 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by PatriceJ (Post 5568867)
change your settings.

Patrice,
My settings allow the WYSIWYG thingy even so I do not see a link to upload pics from my files.
All I get is a window to insert a URL.
What am I doing wrong ? Thanks.

cat-on-a-mac 10-08-2012 07:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by ligia (Post 5570786)
Patrice,
My settings allow the WYSIWYG thingy even so I do not see a link to upload pics from my files.

IN the little box that comes up where you see the location to insert a URL, look up at the upper left corner. It says "from computer" Click on that, which changes the text inside the little box. Now, it should have a Browse button. click on it, navigate to where the picture is on your machine and select it. When you get back to the little box, you have to then click on "Upload File(s)". On my system, that doesn't look like something you can click on, but it actually is.

ON my system, the "tree" icon isn't that obvious. It looks more like just a square with black dots for corners. Iif you really zoom in on it, you can see a tree. It's the 13th icon in the 2nd row in this picture:

QuiltnNan 10-11-2012 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by ligia (Post 5570786)
Patrice,

if it shows URL, look at the top of that box. there is another tab that says From Computer... click on that. it will allow you to browse your computer. then click on upload file after finding the location of your picture.

ligia 10-12-2012 03:54 PM

Hi Cathy,

The only tab I get is "from URL" :thumbdown:
Tks,

ligia 10-12-2012 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan (Post 5577904)
if it shows URL, look at the top of that box.

Will PM you.