Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QB Help Center (https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help-center-f27/)
-   -   Pop-up ad on iPad driving me crazy (https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help-center-f27/pop-up-ad-ipad-driving-me-crazy-t221082.html)

Sheri.a 05-09-2013 04:05 AM

Pop-up ad on iPad driving me crazy

I wonder if anyone else is having problems with the pop-up at the bottom of your screen. It's not so much the pop up as the fact that I get thrown off the page I am reading when I close the pop-up. Any suggestions?

ontheriver 05-09-2013 04:15 AM

Same thing here. Do not know how to get rid of it, although it does go away after a minute.

City Quilter 05-09-2013 04:22 AM

I have the same problem! Some ads seem worse about shutting me down than others.

homebody323 05-09-2013 04:24 AM

i thought it was something i did. new computer, i go to a site - click on a department and up comes something totaly different and add or something. When i close it out I'm back to the original site and if i click again on the department it takes me there. This is truly annoying.

auntpiggylpn 05-09-2013 04:58 AM

I only have this issue on my iPad and on this board. I just ignore it and work around it and it does go away pretty quickly. I don't have the pop up on my smart phone or my laptop

alleyoop1 05-09-2013 04:58 AM

This is straight off the Apple site:

You can set Safari to prevent webpages from displaying pop-up windows or loading time-consuming content that may be unnecessary.

Unfortunately, many beneficial features use the same technology as ads and other content you might not want to see. So if you block pop-up windows or other web content, you might also block the animation and interactivity that make webpages interesting.

Block pop-ups on webpages
Open Safari if it is not already open.
Choose Safari > Preferences, and then click Security.
Turn on “Block pop-up windows.”
Blocking pop-up windows stops only those windows that appear when you open or close a page. It does not block pop-up windows that open when you click a link.

If you block pop-up windows, you might miss important information for a webpage. For example, a website that provides services to you might use a pop-up window to request your user name.

Block unnecessary webpage content
In the “Web content” section, select or deselect types of content you want to block or enable.
For an explanation of the options, click the Help button (looks like a question mark).

auntpiggylpn 05-09-2013 05:03 AM

Originally Posted by alleyoop1 (Post 6053789)
This is straight off the Apple site:

You can set Safari to prevent webpages from displaying pop-up windows or loading time-consuming content that may be unnecessary.

Unfortunately, many beneficial features use the same technology as ads and other content you might not want to see. So if you block pop-up windows or other web content, you might also block the animation and interactivity that make webpages interesting.

Block pop-ups on webpages
Turn on “Block pop-up windows.”
Blocking pop-up windows stops only those windows that appear when you open or close a page. It does not block pop-up windows that open when you click a link.

If you block pop-up windows, you might miss important information for a webpage. For example, a website that provides services to you might use a pop-up window to request your user name.

Block unnecessary webpage content
In the “Web content” section, select or deselect types of content you want to block or enable.
For an explanation of the options, click the Help button (looks like a question mark).

My iPad pop up blocker is on! This only occurs on my iPad so I don't think it is a big deal

RIDGEFIELD 05-10-2013 10:36 AM

Same here also I keep having to sign in as it doesn't remember me. If I try and answer a post it wants me to sign back in. Very very frustrating.

BuzzinBumble 05-11-2013 04:20 AM

Sheri, it has been driving me crazy too, because it takes up so much of the page. This is the only place I've seen where closing the pop up kicks you off the page you were trying to read. My Safari is set to block pop ups too. There are already ads on every page. Wish they would get rid of the pop ups.

coopah 05-11-2013 05:09 AM

Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn (Post 6053786)
I only have this issue on my iPad and on this board. I just ignore it and work around it and it does go away pretty quickly. I don't have the pop up on my smart phone or my laptop

I have the iPad pop-ups and found that when I very lightly rested a finger on the screen, they went away. not sure why or if it was a fluke or what. But they come back when I go to a new thread.