Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QB Help Center (https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help-center-f27/)
-   -   Private messages ?? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help-center-f27/private-messages-t285138.html)

KrissyD. 01-11-2017 08:38 AM

Private messages ??

our messages are not really private if an administrator can delete them .private , I think not

Homespun 01-11-2017 08:58 AM

Oh, didn't know that.

Tartan 01-11-2017 09:00 AM

I went through both my PM's and sent messages at the end of the year to clean out old messages. I have not had administration clear out any. Check to see if your boxes are full so no new PM's will come through.

Geri B 01-11-2017 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by KrissyD. (Post 7738767)
our messages are not really private if an administrator can delete them .private , I think not

what made you say that?

Watson 01-11-2017 01:23 PM

I've had a notice of "This Message is Moderated" on a message I received, but I wasn't exactly sure what that meant. Never had one deleted that I know of.

Watson

cashs_mom 01-11-2017 01:28 PM

How do you know a moderator/administrator has deleted your messages?

quiltingcandy 01-11-2017 01:37 PM

No e-mail is going to be totally private. If you use a work e-mail, the owner of the business has the right to read and delete any message them deem inappropriate. So I think it only stands to reason the Quilting Board has the same rights and ability. If you want something to be totally private you need to exchange e-mail addresses and go outside the board.
I don't work for the QB, but I have worked in insurance for a great many years and have always told people that I trained, never put anything in writing that you don't want to see under your picture on the front page of a newspaper or television screen.
There are a lot of rules for the QB, and I applaud them. When I started on this board several years ago there were a lot of snarky people and you never knew if your replies were going to be one of their targets. I don't believe anyone is sitting in a dark room reading all of our private messages, there must be a program that kicks out items for the administrators to check into. Please don't take it personal, they are only trying to protect the masses.

KrissyD. 01-11-2017 03:10 PM

She ( Patricia ) Private Messaged me that she removed it from the board . I know there are rules in all things but sometimes it gets to be a bit much . She deleted one of mine before because I used capital letters and an exclamation mark , stated wasn't allowed cause it was like yelling at someone ? Go figure , I was wowing there quilt I'll just read along & not post anything , just isn't worth 4 year old behavior

GEMRM 01-11-2017 03:11 PM

The intent of all the rules is to keep the QB a good place to be on, and while I am sometimes frustrated with some of the interpretation of the rules, I respect the rights of admin to ultimately decide what is allowable.
Anyone who isn't willing to accept this can always exercise their rights to go elsewhere.
I also can attest to what quiltingcandy says in that no email is going to be totally private when you are communicating through a public forum, even from the private message part of it.

KrissyD. 01-11-2017 03:16 PM

Sorry Ladies it was quiltin nanny Not Patricia this last time & it was the conversation I had with you GEMRM ,Sorry if I said something that offended you