Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QB Help Center (https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help-center-f27/)
-   -   Quilt for Soldier (https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help-center-f27/quilt-soldier-t195883.html)

orangeroom 07-27-2012 04:42 AM

Quilt for Soldier

I always wanted to make a quilt for a soldier. On my first shop hop I saw a beautiful yellow and blue quilt. I bought the pattern and started my stash to make it. ~10 years later I overheard a co-worker talk about her deployed son. As luck would have it, I read a post on this website that soldiers don't always wish to be reminded of their 'job' and don't mind receiving quilts that aren't red, white and blue. I got an idea and asked my co-worker what her son's favorite colors were. Ironically they were blue and yellow... (Be patient, this will be my first attempt at posting a pic since the site changed last November).

orangeroom 07-27-2012 04:51 AM

Having a hard time trying to find where the “insert image” icon on top of the message box is. Sorry no pic yet. Will cont to try.

PaperPrincess 07-27-2012 05:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]351733[/ATTACH]
It's the 4th one from the right. Click it, browse to find the image you want, then click upload.
If this icon does not appear,
Click "settings" at the top of this page
On the left side of the next page, scroll down and click on "general settings"
On the settings page, scroll down, almost to the bottom and look for "Message Editor Interface:"
Select the following option:
"Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing"
Now click "Home" at the top to re enter the forum.
You only have to go thru these instruction to set this option once.

orangeroom 07-27-2012 05:39 AM

I'm able to get to the area where I select the image, but nothing happens after that. I can either 'x' out of the mini window, choose a file from my computer or an url...but nothing afterwards.

Treasureit 07-27-2012 05:45 AM

This is how I do it. To add it in the comment box...
hit "Go Advanced", then look for "Manage Attachments", Click there and where it says "Upload files from your Computer" hit browse and look for your picture. Select it and then hit "upload". That should do it.

orangeroom 07-27-2012 05:56 AM

I've been able to follow both instructions until after I choose the file, then my only options seem to be to close the window or 'x' out of the mini windows. I'm not that computer challenged, but this is proving to be so challenging. No wonder why I haven't posted a pic since last October.

feline fanatic 07-27-2012 06:15 AM

The option is somewhat hidden. Once you select the file and the file name goes into the browser window, just below is the text "upload files". It isn't a button and it does not appear to be a hyperlink but if you hover your mouse over the words and click it your picture will be uploaded.

orangeroom 07-27-2012 07:32 AM

Must be a problem with my computer. The file fails to load. Maybe my computer is too ancient or has too many protective walls up. I do appreciate all of your attempts to help. I am on facebook and can easily load all my quilt pics on there.

AZ Jane 07-27-2012 07:45 AM

Upload on FaceBook then share the link?? Maybe??

katkat1946 07-27-2012 09:39 AM

Thanks, PaperPrincess, for that guide; it took me a couple of trips back and forth between your message and the page but I finally got it!!!! I never had these icons across the top of the reply window.
Pat