Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: stupid ads

Blog Entries

stupid ads

IS THERE a way to STOP the stupid ads on this site? I constantly get the one for that ultra beauty and it wont close out so I have to close the qb and open again about 4 or 5 times. I DO NOT enjoy coming here very much anymore between that and not being able to see the post without clicking on each one.
    There comes a time in life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh, forget the bad, and focus on the good. So, love the people who treat you right. Think good thoughts for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is part of LIFE...Getting back up is LIVING...

What browser do you use? With Chrome, I use the Ad Block Plus extension.
    I have chosen to be happy because it is good for my health - Voltaire

Blog Entries
    Are you using a PC or a hand held? I am on a PC with Google Chrome and have no problem with ads blocking my view of a page of posts at a time.

Blog Entries
    I am on a samsung galaxy tablet. My laptop wont connect to the internet here so I'm on my tablet
    There comes a time in life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh, forget the bad, and focus on the good. So, love the people who treat you right. Think good thoughts for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is part of LIFE...Getting back up is LIVING...

Airwick, many of these ads may be coming from "adware" that may be on your computer. Try running some Adware/Malware remover scans like "SuperAntiSpyware", "Malwarebytes antimalware, "Spybot Search and Destroy". I run these scans 3 or more times a week on my computer, they help to keep my computer free from these pests.

Blog Entries
    Go to your apps icon and see if you have a free version of "Ad Block". I had this same problem on my iPad until I downloaded the ad block app. I only had ths problem on my iPad, not on my laptop or smartphone.
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

Blog Entries
    if you are sure that pop-up is connected to a QB ad space, send a screen-shot to info@quiltingboard.com .
    their policy is to block all pop-ups and "flashy" ads.
    I Quilt, I Nap, I Quilt Some More ... Aaaaah, The Good Life!

I also have an eddres you can use if you need to contact me with questions or suggestions that relate to our community: patricej@quiltingboard.com