Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > QB Help Center
Thread start time v Last posted thread >

Thread start time v Last posted thread

Thread start time v Last posted thread

Old 01-18-2012, 07:10 PM

Default Thread start time v Last posted thread

Is there a way to ALWAYS have posts in order of thread start time. Every time I read a post, I have to go back to the bottom of the page and hit "thread start time" so that I only see the latest posts. I don't really want to see a post that was originally posted 2 weeks ago. And I'm tired of constantly changing the order.
Old 01-18-2012, 07:20 PM

I use Archive, if you go down to the very bottom of the page you will see HELP CONTACT US ARCHIVE Click on archive which will take you to a screen when it has the different pages eg main, pictures general chit chat etc, click on the one you want to look at and the posts will be in the order that they are posted, and they will change colour when you have read them.
I hope this helps
Old 01-18-2012, 07:31 PM

yep, archive, main.... then i put a link on my toolbar so i didn't have to do this every time... the link just opens up the archive list in main right away...
Old 01-18-2012, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by deemail View Post
yep, archive, main.... then i put a link on my toolbar so i didn't have to do this every time... the link just opens up the archive list in main right away...
How did you put the link on the toolbar? I'd like to do mine that way.
Old 01-18-2012, 07:42 PM

When I had the settings the way I like it - just as you mention with the 'thread start time' - ' Last day' and 'decending order', I saved it in my favorites for websites. I have 2 sections saved to favorites, Main and Pictures and the main Forums pg. That way all I have to do when I want to check what I missed, I go directly to the most recent post of pictures or main, and view in order until I see something familar. Of course if you're on a public or borrowed computer, you may not be able to use this option. I hope this helps.
Old 01-18-2012, 07:52 PM

Thank you. That is helpful. I don't like seeing it that way bc even though it lists the threads in posting order, you can't see how many ppl have read and how many have replied (a feature I do like) - I guess I just can't be happy. lol
Old 01-18-2012, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by moreland View Post
How did you put the link on the toolbar? I'd like to do mine that way.
go to the location where you want to be when you open up QB... now highlight the address in the address line...now drag to the toobar above your screen, over on your 'start' menu or on your bottom line... usually you have a choice, but your browser may like one better than the other.... surefire? drag it to the desktop by scooting the screen down a few inches and then drag the highlighted address to the desktop...