Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Threads I have read no longer change color

Threads I have read no longer change color

When I want to visit the Quilting Board, I always go to the Archive and look at the Pictures and read the Main section. The Help section has this information:

VIEWING NEW THREADS
    Some members also use the “Archive” feature at the bottom of the page to view a plain text list of posts, from newest to oldest. In this section, threads that you have read will appear in a different color. Please note, however, that this feature will only show you whether or not you have ever opened the thread and does not take new comments into account.

Since Thanksgiving (when my children and grandchildren used my computer extensively) my computer has stopped changing the color of the threads that I have read. Is there some option that was accidentally turned off on my computer? Will someone more knowledgeable that I please tell me how to fix it? I will appreciate any help with this problem.
    Average quilter

Blog Entries
    Usually when that happens, a person needs to clean out their cookies and temp files. Since you mention that the computer was used extensively lately, I'll bet after you do that, they will start changing color again.
    MzzzQuilts aka Ellen

Blog Entries
    here is another thread on the same topic No color difference between 'read' and 'unread' in archives
    Nancy in western NY