Topics

Old 12-16-2011, 03:31 AM

Default Topics

Do our topics get deleted? I posted a new thread the other day and now I can't find it, it doesn't show up under me as a started thread, so did it get deleted for some reason. Why!
Old 12-17-2011, 02:32 AM
Administrator

The following are general comments, not intended to point fingers at any one person.

When something is posted that violates policy, we take one of several actions:

1. If we can preserve the content by doing a bit of courtesy editing, we will fix it and leave it posted.
2. If it was merely posted in the wrong place, we will move it to the correct section.
3. If it was something that belonged in an existing PDA, we merge it to that PDA.

4. When there is no way to preserve content that violates policy, we delete it.

The only convenient notification feature available to moderators is something called the Infractions system. We tried using that to send courtesy notifications to members when we found it necessary to edit, move, merge or delete. Unfortunately the notices have built-in PM Subject Lines and standard verbiage that freaked people out. So, we don't use that system unless the situation goes beyond simple mistakes.

I think it would be extremely tacky of us to discuss a specific member's situation in a public post. Members with questions are sincerely welcome to send me either a PM or an email. I cannot always answer immediately, but i do respond at my earliest opportunity.