Windows 10

Old 09-18-2015, 06:22 AM

Default Windows 10

My whole computer has gone nutso. I cannot get into Quilting Board. I had my address changed and tried to get in and I can't. I have been with the board since 2009 and I don't want to lose my posting number which was in the thousands and I just do not know how to get back to my old Quilting Board again. I miss all you guys!!!!!!

Edie (my name)

For Heaven's sake, this just popped up. The original note that I sent out this morning as sent and I see that I am still here, but I do not get the daily Board. HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 09-18-2015 at 09:20 AM. Reason: remove PII
Old 09-18-2015, 06:40 AM
Power Poster

You shouldn't post your email address. I am sure someone will be able to help you.
Old 09-19-2015, 02:27 AM

If the problems started when Windows 10 was installed, I understand Windows 10 can be uninstalled. The previous program can be reinstalled. Not easy but it should help.
Old 09-19-2015, 03:01 AM

Originally Posted by Edie View Post
My whole computer has gone nutso. I cannot get into Quilting Board. I had my address changed and tried to get in and I can't. I have been with the board since 2009 and I don't want to lose my posting number which was in the thousands and I just do not know how to get back to my old Quilting Board again. I miss all you guys!!!!!!

Edie (my name)

For Heaven's sake, this just popped up. The original note that I sent out this morning as sent and I see that I am still here, but I do not get the daily Board. HELP!!!!!!!!!!
I too had problems with Windows 10 but changed my default browser to Google and things work much better
Old 09-20-2015, 03:53 AM

When I told my husband I had install Windows 10 he laughed and said Good Luck. He's an IT guy.
I hated it at first, couldn't access my photo records , send pictures to my blog etc. But we persevered. Its a process of going through EVERY setting that can be calibrated and making sure you're recognized as the administrator of this new program. He's obsessed with privacy so I ( we) look long and hard at every issue that comes up. Yeah, there are some annoying things but its just a question of changing old habits for some of them. And I consider myself a Techno-peasant.
Un installing is not as easy as it sounds. Good Luck.
Old 09-21-2015, 05:18 AM
Administrator

windows 10 is probably not the culprit unless it somehow made changes to the email program you use.

even though people can sign up to receive them, the email reminders share many characteristics common to junk mail.
it's no surprise that a lot of email servers and anti-virus programs flag and block them as junk.

They disable the links or send them straight to spam/junk.
They sometimes don’t make it through to user inboxes – not even to the junk folders.

the following steps might work, but i can't guarantee anything:

if you have not already added the QB to your email’s safe senders list, please do:

Please take the following steps to add a contact to your safe senders list:
1. Open your email account (example: AOL, Gmail, Yahoo! or Outlook).
2. Locate your “address book” or “contacts”.
3. Add [email protected], [email protected], and [email protected] to your address book or list of contacts.
4. Save your changes.

If your email program provides for it, also add [email protected], @lifestyle.ibemail.com and @quiltingboard.com to your list of safe senders (or the equivalent).

if they don't, then Please send your inquiry to [email protected]
That way, your report will reach the person who manages that system.

I am not at all involved in the emailing of the digests and newsletters, so there is nothing I can personally do to help.

The first and most important thing to remember is that the emails are not the board.
They are only a link to a smattering of the most viewed threads.
Those are rarely the newest threads and barely scratch the surface of all that's available here.

You don't need the emails in order to access the board.

To start at the Home Page, go to http://www.quiltingboard.com.

If you still prefer starting with the sample list of links, go to http://www.quiltingboard.com/resources/daily-digest-4/.

Want to see the newest threads? Go to http://www.quiltingboard.com/sitemap/.
That’s the Archive, which lists threads in reverse order - newest first.

Want to see the threads with the newest comments added?
Go to http://www.quiltingboard.com and then click on What’s New.

You can add any or all of those links to your browser favorites/bookmarks, put a shortcut on your desktop, or (if you are a total QB junkie like me) you can make it your home page.

Try using the direct route.
You might find you like it better. :-)