Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 105 of 108 FirstFirst ... 5 55 95 104 105 106 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1079

Thread: 2013 Fabric Moratorium

I'll be watching for the new thread in 2014. I have really enjoyed reading all the entries. Maybe next year I will be a little better on my purchases, but no promises!
    Sophie2

Can't seem to keep to moratorium, but doing much better on the stash busting. Most of the time I have at least some of the fabrics on hand for any project I want to start. Do still usually have to get one or more to coordinate with what I have.

Blog Entries
    I can't believe I haven't made a fabric purchase in December. Not one. If I keep this up I might actually make a dent in my stash.
    Vivian
    Yukon Territory, Canada
    www.quiltingunderthemidnightsun.blogspot.ca

I have to confess. I bought fabric in 2013. A lot. This will NOT happen in 2014. I swear it! All quilts will be made from Fabric already in the Fabric Museum!

I haven't purchased anything in Dec but I have some JoAnn's coupons that are begging to be used. Congrats Viv! Stay strong, I will fall from grace for you.
    Bluelady, have you ever sought funding for the "Museum"? Maybe I can get mine declared a National Treasure and at least get tax exemption.

Blog Entries
    I can go you all one further! Not only have i bought fabric in December, i haven't used any! I am a mess right now! I was doing really well till I decided to make a sweater for my dolls. 1 sweater, many dolls, they share. But I SWEAR ( often and loudly, expletive deleted) no fabric for quilting. I am making an apron for my daughter, a smaller scale apron for my almost dgd ( same print, but smaller) and an even smaller scale same print aprons for her dolls, so they can all cook together. Wish i remembered how i posted pics, cause it was so easy, but now it eludes me! Anyone can help me with my ipad? Oh, and about 4 pieces to make a needle case for a Christmas party swap ( and decided to give one I've already made, told you, I'm a mess!)
    The only bad days are the ones you don't get.

Nancia: Sounds like you are in a creative frenzy, in a good way. Can't help you with the Ipad, I have a standard old PC. Wish I could see some pictures. Went to JoAnns today and found the perfect fabric for a medallion quilt along being put on my Jabba and Brat on the board. It starts in January, I can hardly wait!

Blog Entries
    Just bought 3 yds of fabric--2 for 2 more kid capes, but using lining from the stash and then some college logo items to make for the big kids. Sigh..
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

ok just figured this out.. this moratorium stuff.. ok its like saying Monday I am going to start a diet. suddenly you justify well its Saturday I can still have. ice cream and French fries and oh that pizza looks good its not Monday yet.. you see here I sit thinking well sure I can do that I truly want to use up a bunch of my staff and finish ufos.. so I think.. better buy it now ....I want more dark blenders like black and dark blues/greens so I can well mix them with the scraps to make things all matchy matchy. I have the whites/creams. Now am I falsely justifying a purchase due to the diet syndrome? argh pirates. but I do think (here I go again roll your eyes) in order to take those fifty different large scraps and make a cohesive quilt or five I need something to pull it all together. and those forty yards of fabric I own and make something out of them.. oh dear I think I failed and I haven't even started!
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

Blog Entries
    Elisabrat, U R 2 funny.
    Martina
    Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Fabric!

Page 105 of 108 FirstFirst ... 5 55 95 104 105 106 ... LastLast