Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 36 of 108 FirstFirst ... 26 35 36 37 46 86 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Fabric Moratorium

Blog Entries
    I signed up for a Sashiko class in March and it required Sashiko fabric which I didn't have. Now I have lots (and a frame and needles and thread and patterns and .....) lol
    Martina
    Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Fabric!

Irishrose: Yes CT had Mirage and solids on sale for $4. something the second of week in March and I have the invoice to prove it. I really like the Mirage "sueded look ". The worst is I am not quite happy with the purple I purchased, so will probably have to place another order for a deeper purple. Oh woe is me!

Blog Entries
    Got over my first hurdle for the month. I received a gift card to JoAnns for my birthday, which was burning a hole in my wallet. I went today and got a book, a ruler and a couple yards of interfacing, but no fabric.
    "I do not understand how anyone can live without one small place of enchantment to turn to."
    Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings

tomorrow I begin making my daughter's prom gown...most of it came from stash!!

Well I fell off the wagon, again! My dh and I were on vacation in TX and on the way home we stopped at one of my favorite stores that is too far from home. Well of course I had to stop! I bought solids which I don't have much of and she gave me some old quilt magazines and patterns that she had in her store she was clearing out! So I bought some fabric for a baby and rickrack and a few odds and ends. I love to support the independent stores where I can. I felt good about it. Really got to stop buying now and start using it up some.

On a good note, yesterday I made some baby items for a shower. Everything came out of my stash for that. Also, I made a few mug rugs yesterday out of my stash.

I don't get to LQS very often - the closest one is over an hour away, so when I do I don't feel bad about making a purchase. I have gotten better about the amount I buy when I do go and have been using up a lot of my stash this winter. Haven't been to a LQS since Christmas! I think I am over due! Have been buying backing fabric via the internet in order to finish up some "stash quilts".
    Sophie2

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by deedum View Post
    Well I fell off the wagon, again! My dh and I were on vacation in TX and on the way home we stopped at one of my favorite stores that is too far from home. Well of course I had to stop! I bought solids which I don't have much of and she gave me some old quilt magazines and patterns that she had in her store she was clearing out! So I bought some fabric for a baby and rickrack and a few odds and ends. I love to support the independent stores where I can. I felt good about it. Really got to stop buying now and start using it up some.
    If you bought it while traveling on vacation, it counts as a souvenir!
    "I do not understand how anyone can live without one small place of enchantment to turn to."
    Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PaperPrincess View Post
    If you bought it while traveling on vacation, it counts as a souvenir!
    I like your thinking!!!
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

I have a helpful hint to keep you on the wagon. Shelve your stash. Spent two days puting fabric in two book cases that measure approx. 3 X 7 feet. They only held my greens, blues, reds and pinks. Then using wire racks on cement blocks I lined a walk in closet with the rest of my stash. UFO's and scraps have no home, plus I have a plastic storage container of fabric that won't fit on the already full shelves. Trust me, the last thing I want to do is buy more fabric. The up side is I can really see what is in my stash for the first time, but is it good to plan a quilt based on how much space you have on that shelf?

Page 36 of 108 FirstFirst ... 26 35 36 37 46 86 ... LastLast