Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 51 of 108 FirstFirst ... 41 50 51 52 61 101 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Fabric Moratorium

PaperPrincess, you sound like me! I bought a whole Walmart bag full of fabrics on the yard sale site I help admin for $30. There's about 20 yards of fabric & all but 1 piece is quilting cotton. I was checking new albums to be sure that people were labeling them like they're supposed to, so people can find stuff, and BOOM! FABRIC! I didn't get all she had, but I took all the cute stuff and solids that weren't already spoken for.

I love the new line at CT. When I received the recent catalogue I "lost" it immediately. When I was still working I was the same way about buying, hence my huge stash. Come back aboard and thanks for the vicarious thrill.

Dusty's mom: I go garage sailing this time of year. Trust me, if I see some deals I am going to be in the dust right along with you. Maybe we should exempt garage sales?

I am on my second quilt top this year. All from stash. So far this year only bought those 4 deer panels for quilt centers. At price of material it will be darn long time before I buy more. I have more material yet to haul up here. I should never buy another yard. But if I look I could see an animal blocks/panels I want. Have not been to any yard sales. All I would buy would be special block/panels type materials. So here is 2/3 of May gone already and not much sewed.

Blog Entries
    What is puce? At first I thought it was a typo?

hahaha, did you all hear that thud? That was me falling off the wagon again! LOL! Actually I've done pretty well for the last few months only buying a little here and there to finish off projects when I didn't have enough to finish. But last week I bought like 17+ yards! Hahahaha, it was HMQS that ruined me I tell you. All the fabric fumes went to my head and I had to have something for a few new projects. So, I added about 3-4 quilts worth!

That said I should be good for several months now right!? *sigh* Oh how I love fabric! LOL!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tessagin View Post
    What is puce? At first I thought it was a typo?
    It's a color, as described here:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puce

Bullwinkle's school colors were Pomegranate and Puce, which became a family joke when talking about color selections that don't quit go.
    "I do not understand how anyone can live without one small place of enchantment to turn to."
    Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings

Blog Entries
    [QUOTE *sigh* Oh how I love fabric! LOL![/QUOTE]

Me too!!!
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

Quote Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn View Post
    *sigh* Oh how I love fabric! LOL!
    Me too!!!

hehe sounds like I'm in good company at least!

Quote Originally Posted by PaperPrincess View Post
    It's a color, as described here:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puce

Bullwinkle's school colors were Pomegranate and Puce, which became a family joke when talking about color selections that don't quit go.
    Interesting....it's not the color I thought it was....but still not one of my favorites. There are some qualifying pieces in my stash though, so I don't know that I could even use that as an excuse.
    "Life is mostly froth and bubble, but one thing stands as stone. Kindness in another's trouble, courage in one's own." Adam Lindsey Gordon

Page 51 of 108 FirstFirst ... 41 50 51 52 61 101 ... LastLast