Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 56 of 108 FirstFirst ... 6 46 55 56 57 66 106 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Fabric Moratorium

Blog Entries
    there's no 'secretly' about it, we're very open about it, i think!

over and over,and over, and over,and over,and over.........
    The only bad days are the ones you don't get.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat625 View Post
    We say we are not buying fabric, and secretly we are each others enablers!!
    Secretly? muuuhaha
    Martina
    Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Fabric!

Blog Entries
    I started on the last round from a round robin last night and my pattern uses a fussy cut. I am - dagnabit - 2 pictures short. So I MUST go buy more. 2 yards should do it, don't you thing? lol (The blocks are 6.5")
    Martina
    Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Fabric!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MadQuilter View Post
    I started on the last round from a round robin last night and my pattern uses a fussy cut. I am - dagnabit - 2 pictures short. So I MUST go buy more. 2 yards should do it, don't you thing? lol (The blocks are 6.5")
    I have a degree in math and based on my fabric calculations, 2 yards should be just enough. I'd probably get 2.5, just to be on the safe side. With the way I calculate yardage, you can see why I'm drowning in fabric!
    "I do not understand how anyone can live without one small place of enchantment to turn to."
    Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings

I just thought I would share my formula for calculating fabric.

Approximate area X 2 + 2 more yards

I too am drowning in fabric. Wonder why.

Quote Originally Posted by Emma S View Post
    I just thought I would share my formula for calculating fabric.

Approximate area X 2 + 2 more yards

I too am drowning in fabric. Wonder why.
    I like your thinking!! Maybe that's why our stash never seems to get smaller!! I always find a better fabric for a project than what I have already..swearing that I will use the stash later on another project...Then I see another fabric for that project...and the cycle goes ON and ON and ON

I think I overused the vacation exemption! I have to confess I lost count at 100 meters of batiks. I know we have all discussed the "vacation" purchases... but I consumed every bit of weight that my luggage weight allowed.... and wished I could have had more! I am hopeless..... but happy!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lori S View Post
    I think I overused the vacation exemption! I have to confess I lost count at 100 meters of batiks. I know we have all discussed the "vacation" purchases... but I consumed every bit of weight that my luggage weight allowed.... and wished I could have had more! I am hopeless..... but happy!
    Aren't those batiks from Bali? You could have brought back 1000 meters and nobody would think anything about it!!! Were the prices cheaper than in the states?
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

Quote Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn View Post
    Aren't those batiks from Bali? You could have brought back 1000 meters and nobody would think anything about it!!! Were the prices cheaper than in the states?
    Yes they are indeed from Bali! I guess when the addiction is so bad ...you have to go to the source!!! Yes the prices were cheaper ...$2.50 per meter! It was an incredible trip .. I toured the Hoffman facilities were batiks are made, as well as the shipping site where all the batiks are brought and inspected and packaged for transport to the US. Even got to see where the cut the "pre- cuts" and package them.. It was an amazing trip. I can't bring myself to co-mingle my "Bali" stash with my other stash. Maybe I need a special "locker" with a glass front ! For now I just keep smiling when I see them all.

Blog Entries
    if you're in bali getting batiks, i could use some blues and some yellows, please! oh, heck any color would be great! i'll pay postage!!
    i think if we get/buy fabric from someone who is ON vacation then the vacation exemption should be in force ! i took an overnight and bought fleece for 99cents a yard to make dog/cat shelter beds. and some doll size buttons. since it was a sleepover, and away from home, i think it should count as a vacation, don't you??
    The only bad days are the ones you don't get.

Page 56 of 108 FirstFirst ... 6 46 55 56 57 66 106 ... LastLast