2013 Fabric Moratorium

Old 06-19-2013, 08:36 AM
Power Poster

Joann had their 50% off sale so I bought a complete set of quilting supplies for a friend at work who is getting into quilting. So I shopped but none of it stayed at my house. YEAH!
Old 06-20-2013, 04:11 AM

I was on this except for finding great, great deal at a thrift store (big bag, at least 10+ yds for $8, lots to iron) & buying 1 yd each of 6 from a fellow Texan on this site - I have been good this year!!!
Old 06-21-2013, 02:40 PM

I may be in trouble. I just received the latest catalog from Connecting Threads. There is sooooo much I want.
Old 06-23-2013, 04:13 PM
Power Poster

OK, I need a big shot of will power! CAUTION! DO NOT DO WHAT I DID! I just looked at the new Christmas fabric collection from CT. Lovely prints, plus metallics!! The entire collection would go perfectly with all 7 zillion yards of Christmas fabric in my stash already... I will be strong. Well, maybe some fat quarters. then there's the issue I've mentioned about the $50/free shipping. I think it would be most cost effective to order the minimum... No! I know I can do this... (but they sell out so soon...)
Old 06-23-2013, 05:38 PM

get it, or forget it! that's my motto! and also why i am on this thread, lol. i am for once making a quilt for me! woo hoo! and i am using all stash fabs. don't know about the back yet, will get back to you on that. i have 3 sets of fabrics. 1. batik fq's, trying turning twenty for the first time. 2. breakfast at tiffany's, and three matisse's ladies. i guess i will do them in that order. oooo, i want them all done NOW!! and i'm also making 2 dresses for my dgd who turns 2 on august 3rd. big doin's! we're gonna have a big ole time!! all from fabric i've already bought. then there's the doll clothes. burning a hole in the sewing table my machine's so overheated!!
Old 06-23-2013, 06:21 PM

Have a set of 4 mug rugs for a swap from stash..just finished a scrappy quilt from stash, and another to begin...Been a good month for me so far...Of course If haven't read a lot of emails! HHMMM Maybe I just need a peek???
Old 06-24-2013, 03:33 AM

Originally Posted by Sophie2 View Post
I may be in trouble. I just received the latest catalog from Connecting Threads. There is sooooo much I want.
Mine is still sitting on my sewing table, unopened. I've been so bad this yr already that I'm scared to open it.

I've got to go this afternoon to get something to coordinate with a fabric I had in my stash. Part of me doesn't want to use this fabric, but then again, I do. It's one of those pieces that you look at it & say "If I use this, I'm liable to never get another piece of it!"
Old 06-24-2013, 02:53 PM

Stay strong and play stash! This month is almost up and July is almost here. You can do it.
Old 06-24-2013, 04:28 PM

Hm the five biggest enablers all posted together yes I mean you; Paperprincess, Foxflower, Nancia, Pat, Dusty's mom. Seems like some critical mass has been reached. Really have not been good this month, what with garage sales and the 50% off of Keepsake at JoAnns Sunday. Going to really try to crawl back on the wagon, gird my loins and all that. Although I havn't seen the CT catalogue. I did come to a realization though, I rarely buy for one quilt, I always shop from my stash when I start a quilt. Does that make it marginally better?
Old 06-24-2013, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by Emma S View Post
Hm the five biggest enablers all posted together yes I mean you; Paperprincess, Foxflower, Nancia, Pat, Dusty's mom. Seems like some critical mass has been reached. Really have not been good this month, what with garage sales and the 50% off of Keepsake at JoAnns Sunday. Going to really try to crawl back on the wagon, gird my loins and all that. Although I havn't seen the CT catalogue. I did come to a realization though, I rarely buy for one quilt, I always shop from my stash when I start a quilt. Does that make it marginally better?
Sounds OK to me!! I ordered the CT catalog a few weeks ago, but haven't gotten it yet---learned about it in of all places the moratorium thread!!