Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 61 of 108 FirstFirst ... 11 51 60 61 62 71 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Fabric Moratorium

I really like that Labyrinth pattern. There was a site that said they were going to offer it so I signed up to be notified when it was available. What colors do you think you will use?

Blog Entries
    Stonehenge flecks in cream, green and rust. It's all bagged together - I'm not sure what else is in there. I have a pretty rust with handpainted flowers, but it's only a yard so I doubt if it can go in this quilt. The pattern is available in several catalogs, but I'd rather not pay shipping. Right now I'm taking a break from FMQ a UFO. First and last time to try pebbles. I don't like backtracking so I can start the next circle. Takes away the 'free motion' feeling.

Good ideas for sticking to the plan irishrose. Stay strong!
    "Life is mostly froth and bubble, but one thing stands as stone. Kindness in another's trouble, courage in one's own." Adam Lindsey Gordon

Blog Entries
    mad quilter-- pm me your address and i'll send you some black kona. suddenly i deem to have enough to share!
    my turning twenty is becoming 25. most of it is on the design wall and it just needs to be wider.
    The only bad days are the ones you don't get.

Blog Entries
    hey, irish! you are one of the strongest willed people i know, so if you say you aren't going to buy any fabric, i believe it!! you can do this!! ( not taking any money is good, too). i'm thinking i might wear gloves to the store next time i go. sight is bad enough, but touch really sinks my resolve!!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the offer nancia, but it's too late for me. I went with all good intentions but I had coupons and you all know how that goes. BUT I only bought for binding and in manageable quantity. (Wiping brow with relief)
    Martina
    Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Fabric!

I have not bought fabric in over a year except for 2 FQ.... Am happily playing in my stash. Really happy and completing UFO'S. Hugs and happy quilting

Blog Entries
    madquilter-- i had a chance at rehab, and now that's gone. lol. i am evidently considered an enabler. imagine that! lol. we all have to do the best we can with what gifts we are born with! my gift is making up plausible excuses. i learned it from my son. 8-)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by omacookie View Post
    I have not bought fabric in over a year except for 2 FQ.... Am happily playing in my stash. Really happy and completing UFO'S. Hugs and happy quilting
    That is fantastic. Although I have cut buying down considerably I haven't gotten to this level of success.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

I'm just reading this for the first time, and noticed in the rules that it's OK to buy fabric for backing. I wanted to share what I've started doing: I always have big pieces of fabric left over from each project that I sew together and use for the back. Sometimes it's just three fabrics in big sections (like a regular back would be sewn anyway) but sometimes I like to piece a few more. Sometimes I use fabric I bought for the quilt top, but ended up not liking it so I "get rid of it" on the back. If I use up scraps from the top, I figure in the future it COULD be used to repair a spot on the front. I've really been enjoying using up more fabric this way. I hope this is helpful for someone.

Page 61 of 108 FirstFirst ... 11 51 60 61 62 71 ... LastLast