Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 117 of 141 FirstFirst ... 17 67 107 116 117 118 127 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 1405

Thread: 2013 UFO Challenge of the Month

Wow some more great finishes since I checked in. I got the binding done on a table runner while away on a trip...camera is still packed, but I will share a picture in the next couple days. Might even get another runner binding done by the end of the month.

ASL, that striped border is perfect for your quilt! Congrats on finish #40.

This UFO will be going to the newest baby in our extended family who was born in July. It is from the book "Even More Quilts for Baby" by Ursula Reikes.

This was a WIP when I fell and broke my leg 4 years ago today and I was making it for another cousin's baby at the time. So in my UFO Collection it is a newbie!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

So I decided to make a quilt that the dogs could lay on, per my intro message, and that got me on a roll. I started into all sorts of projects after that. One of the things I did a while back was cut scraps into 1.5 inch strips and made a whole bunch of 9-patches. I thought I was the only one who had thought of such a neat trick to use up scraps and have at the ready for leaders and enders, but then I saw Quiltville's site!! One look through Bonnie's books and I knew that Tupelo Trails was the way I wanted to use them, so made this top for my SO's daughter who was off to college. I love how it came out! All scraps, including the backing, border, and even the batting, so I felt like I was very thrifty

Then, excited to have a quilt the dogs could sleep on, I dug through my UFOs to see what might be next. I found a top from a round robin - loved the workmanship, but blue was not my color. I set out for a pink and green quilt, used blue as an accent color, and ended up with a blue quilt that I couldn't use anywhere in my house. Now that I'm all grown up and not so picky, I had a blast quilting the top am enjoying using it every day!That top had been laying around for 20 years waiting for some attention! It's much prettier in person. Making mental note to get a better pic.

And since we were on a roll, Mom and I finished up a quilt for my SO that we started back in 2003 or 4.

Then I made a new quilt for my friend, but won't post here because it's not a UFO, but it was My Blue Heaven from Quiltville. Turned out super cute! And then I got busy and finished up this quilt that I also started in early 2000's. Soooooo tickled pink with how this turned out!!

WOW briarwoodpups you made some great progress this month!! Keep it up and your UFOs will be done in no time.

Oh my, briarwoodpups, don't make me pick a favorite.
    SheriR~
    2.5" stamp swap! Come join the fun.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...p-t243923.html
    From Grandma's closet quilt album: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...bums18788.html
    ~If you can't turn the corners of your mouth up...let the middle sag!~

Blog Entries
    Love them briarwoodpups! Some great finishes Unlike SheriR I did pick a favorite and that's your 9P. Like you I was doing L&E before I heard of BH.
    Oh and I see you are a new member to QB so "welcome from this Iowa Girl!"
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Page 117 of 141 FirstFirst ... 17 67 107 116 117 118 127 ... LastLast