Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 13 of 141 FirstFirst ... 3 12 13 14 23 63 113 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 UFO Challenge of the Month

Quote Originally Posted by Knitette View Post
    Hooray! It's working! (better to be finished than perfect)
    Attachment 387170
    Oh my goodness, that's so cute.

Quote Originally Posted by JNCT14 View Post
    Yes it was high thread count so the needling was really tough, the batting bearded all over the place and when i gave up on hand quilting the durned thing and went to machine it, the top thread kept shredding - yu could actually hear it pop as the needle went into the fabric. I probably should have washed the sheeting to get the sizing out of it - that may have helped as well. UGH
    Did you try a larger needle? Sometimes that works for me when I have thread shredding.

Wendy, I think that is a very good idea.... think I will try doing that also...

Blog Entries
    At least you finished it and it is lovely. I agree about leaving it in the car. For sure, leave in trunk when not in use. It is beautiful and you learned a lot. We all admire you. Hurray for one more UFO off your list.
    She who dies with the most fabric, didn't sew fast enough!

so many ufos finished already. I have just made the mystery train ride top which needs to be sandwiched and quilted and I intend to finish fmqing my Christmas Wall hanging which has been "on the go" for 3 years so that is my aim for this month's ufo

Yayyyyy, I'm getting to post my second finish for this month!!! A real rarity for me. This was already a flimsy so all I had to do was the backing, layering, quilting and binding. I'm thrilled to post a finished quilt: Seasonal Greens made for my DGS. The pattern is Scattered D9P, I started it early in Dec. 2011. Put it aside, worked on it again off and on thru 2012, put it aside, and now it is finished!!! Woohooooo!!Name:  Seasonal Greens finished.jpg
Views: 287
Size:  161.9 KBName:  Seasonal Greens back.jpg
Views: 277
Size:  62.3 KBName:  detail of borders and binding.jpg
Views: 295
Size:  382.8 KB
    Linda Wedge White

I believe UFOs are like scraps, ferns and dust bunnies. Once you get two, they send spores out into the air and more just happen anywhere the spores meet.

Blog Entries
    Finished! Finished! Finished!
    Fraew

"I don't buy vintage quilts. By the time I finish the quilts I've started they've already become antiques." ~ Mark Lipinski
    Link to my albums: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...85-albums.html

Very nice Linda! It has an artistic organic feel.
    Anna Quilts

really nice very masculine, what is scattered d9p?

Quote Originally Posted by cannyquilter View Post
    really nice very masculine, what is scattered d9p?
    Scattered (or scrambled) D9P is where you go thru the usual steps of making a D9P, except after you cut the 9P into quarters, you toss all the parts into a box or bag and mix them together. Then you just select 4 at random and sew them together into a block. After sewing all the quarters back into blocks, then toss the blocks together and again select at random to sew them together into the rows for your quilt.
    This is great for very scrappy, which mine pretty much is. The only thing I kept consistent is that I used the same fabric for the center square in all the 9P. That is the pale gray that you see throughout the quilt.
    Smiles and hugggggggggggs,
    Linda Wedge White

I believe UFOs are like scraps, ferns and dust bunnies. Once you get two, they send spores out into the air and more just happen anywhere the spores meet.

Page 13 of 141 FirstFirst ... 3 12 13 14 23 63 113 ... LastLast