Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 14 of 141 FirstFirst ... 4 13 14 15 24 64 114 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 UFO Challenge of the Month

I am working on a large quilt I started last year. It is paper pieced and is quite fun to do. I am not finished with it yet but if I post about it maybe it will inspire me to go ahead and finish it.

DING DING!!! Ring that bell Wildyard!!! Another UFO down!!!!

Blog Entries
    I love your color choices for your scattered DP9. It looks great. Thanks for explaining what you meant by "scattered". I definitely have to try this one. Great finish. Woot Woot!!!
    My avatar is my first grandbaby!! Brantley 10-2-12
    **QB Monthly Bee Block Swap Theme (5-27-14)*
    **NEW** Trees, Think Fantasy, Think Enchanted, Think fairys and woodland animals. Think brighter fabrics. (Nothing pale or muted.) **TREES** Any kind of block, pieced, embroidery, or applique, your choice.

Thanks for the explanation, Wildyard. Your quilt is really nice. So nice to call it "finished." Ring that bell.

I did cheat a little and after I drew them all out and put them on the design wall. Then I took a photo and moved a few around to avoid too many duplcates being togeter and to make sure it looked balanced to me. I did that before I sewed the quarters together and again before sewing the larger squares together.
    Linda Wedge White

I believe UFOs are like scraps, ferns and dust bunnies. Once you get two, they send spores out into the air and more just happen anywhere the spores meet.

A little tinkle for me please. It may not sound like much, but for me - who has no dressmaking skills whatsoever - it's an accomplishment, albeit not quilt-related.
    This morning I cut the feet off one of DGS fleecy sleep suits my daughter gave me before Christmas and hemmed them with an over edge foot (who's been reading the manual then?)
    Lang may yer lum reek.

Oh no Knitette, you get a giant clanging bell for reading the manual and trying something new!!!!!!!!!!! CLANG, CLANG, CLANG!!!! WTG girl!!
    Linda Wedge White

I believe UFOs are like scraps, ferns and dust bunnies. Once you get two, they send spores out into the air and more just happen anywhere the spores meet.

This is my 2nd almost completed UFO of the year. It is the result of a class taken last fall with Debby Kratovil. Top is completed; DD will quilt it on her recently acquired midarm. It will be a practice quilt for her. I don't FMQ and don't want to spend too much time thinking about how to quilt and/or having to mark it. I just want this finished. I have too many UFOs to spend much time on this one. It will be donated to Project Linus. Love the colors.
    Name:  IMG_0911.jpg
Views: 319
Size:  130.4 KB

Ok, this sounds like thread I need to be on! I have... Oh... at least 13 different UFOs that are in various stages of progress. Some are cut, but no sewing done, some have some sewing done, others are flimsies that need borders &/or quilted... All of these are a minimum of 6 months old, some are 10 years! Considering I've (only) been quilting for 11 years, that's saying something.

That doesn't even count the ones that I've purchased fabric for, but haven't gone further than that! Or the UFO that my grandmother passed on to me 12 years ago, that she hadn't touched since before I was born! EEP!

Oh wow, I go outta town & when I git back I see several UFO's made into FO's! Way ta go ya'll. I did do 1 block & got the HST's done for 2 other blocks for my Quilt Story, BOM, while in Brady.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Page 14 of 141 FirstFirst ... 4 13 14 15 24 64 114 ... LastLast