Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 140 of 141 FirstFirst ... 40 90 130 139 140 141 LastLast
Results 1,391 to 1,400 of 1403

Thread: 2013 UFO Challenge of the Month

Anna--great job finishing up these quilts before the end of the year. I especially like the blue one.

I did some dense quilting but putting the top together was a breeze of course since all the blocks were already made. I would love to see what others make with the swap blocks. I still have to put the Civil War blocks from one of Deb Watkins swaps together also. That one looks promising and I did use two blocks already in making a really cute top that is now on the frame.

Quote Originally Posted by SheriR View Post
    Anna cute! I recognize some of those poinsettias! Maybe I can finish mine for next year? Very pretty!
    Anna Quilts

Thank you all for your kind words and responses.

I have two more quilts, big ones, I got done but I need pictures.

I feel really motivated to get more UFOs done come 2014. I hope I stay focused.
    Anna Quilts

Blog Entries
    This has probably been asked and answered but I didn't see: Will there be a UFO 2014 thread? I hope so.

Yesterday I decided to address the state of my UFOs and when I stood in front of the leaning tower of tops, I became totally overwhelmed. Instead of just picking one, I slunk into my sewing room and added a final border to a donation quilt top. In essence, I added another UFO to the pile. I need to really pay attention to my poor finished tops next year. Not a resolution - just a fact.
    Martina
    Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Fabric!

Blog Entries
    One more to check off. It's a community service quilt for my guild. We take them to local hospitals for the children's wards. It started from leftover squares but then I found the center to be too small and boring. So I added the mitered stripe from my stash and really like the way it ended. It's about 35" square. Used the back turned forward for the binding (something I just learned in the Craftsy "Finishing" class) and used a serpentine stitch to do the quilting.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Martina
    Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Fabric!

Name:  WP_20131220_002.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  284.5 KBComin' Down the Chimney from the Nov/Dec 2012 McCall's Quilting.Name:  WP_20131208_001.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  345.0 KBM&M (my addiction!) table topper. The fabric was given to me by a friend.

So, my UFO status - I started with 65 UFOs, and I think I'm down to 45. Nothing like ASimpleLife accomplished, but still!
    Great job on the finishes, everyone! Who is starting the thread for 2014? I have to say I have loved the SpongeBob quilt being the first post for 2013 - I always know I'm in the right place. I'm having company for a few days, but am looking forward to checking in at the end of the week.
    HAPPY NEW YEAR, EVERYONE!

Blog Entries
    Nice to see some more finishes. I wish I had more finishes than starts this year. Hopefully next year will be more positive! Yes we need a UFO challenge for 2014.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

I posted the Challenge for 2014, if I did everything right and it makes it past moderation, we'll be up and running in 2014! Look forward to seeing you all there next year! Hugs and smilesssss..............
    Linda Wedge White

I believe UFOs are like scraps, ferns and dust bunnies. Once you get two, they send spores out into the air and more just happen anywhere the spores meet.

Michelle and Martina, some nice quilts finished. This thread really helps me in digging up those UFOs and getting them done. I am glad it is continuing.
    Anna Quilts

I really dislike UFO designs on quilts. It seems as if some outer planetry object is coming to you. It makes me afraid.

Page 140 of 141 FirstFirst ... 40 90 130 139 140 141 LastLast