Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 17 of 141 FirstFirst ... 7 16 17 18 27 67 117 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 UFO Challenge of the Month

Quote Originally Posted by Fraew View Post
    The pattern is Star Flower Wreath by Chickadee Charms Design Company. I started this UFO in 1997 and finished piecing it last spring...when I took credit for finishing it (shhhh, don't tell anyone). Charisma did the amazing quilting and I sewed the last stitch of the binding on yesterday.
    It's beautiful! Way to go Fraew!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by asimplelife View Post
    It's beautiful! Way to go Fraew!
    Thank you and keep it up with those finishes.
    Fraew

"I don't buy vintage quilts. By the time I finish the quilts I've started they've already become antiques." ~ Mark Lipinski
    Link to my albums: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...85-albums.html

Blog Entries
    "Which brings my UFO Collection down to 74 from 94 as of 10/1/2012! Gotta keep on quilting..." asimplelife

Oh how I can relate to this one. I am so glad someone else has themselves the same issue I HAD! I am in the back here cheering you on girl. YOU CAN DO IT! Keep up the good work and ringing the bell on those last finishes. You go girl! GO GO GO!!!!!
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

More great finishes this week!

I am on track to finish quilting my "Rosie" quilt this month. I did finish some swap blocks and also retreat gift so far in January.

Done! I made this top 3 years ago, for my son. Then it sat, and sat. I put it on my "UFO list" in both 2011 and 2012, and found an excuse each time it came up, to avoid it. I didn't want to mess it up, and couldn't bear the though of stuffing it through my regular machine.

When I got a long arm last July I decided it was time to do it - but of course I needed to get better at my skills first, because I do love this quilt (that was November's excuse, when this quilt came up for the UFO challenge). Finally, this month I said Enough! I made myself load it on the long arm before anything else, so that I had to finish it. And here it is! I lost a fight with my rotary cutter in the process, but my finger is healing and the quilt is complete and now resides on my son's bed. A whole year before he goes away to school

Name:  P1180547.JPG
Views: 589
Size:  258.2 KB

And a closeup of some of my quilting. I did stitch in the ditch around the stars, after this picture was taken.
    Name:  P1040524.JPG
Views: 309
Size:  152.6 KB

Krista that is GORGEOUS! Wow! I love that pattern, it has almost an optical illusion effect with the black triangles doesn't it? Your quilting is beautiful too!

And thank you for the encouragement QuilterMomma! Each UFO off the list makes me smile and brightens my day...
    Last edited by asimplelife; 01-18-2013 at 05:07 PM.

Krista, ring, ring. That quilt is beautiful. Aren't you glad you finished it?

Blog Entries
    Krista!
    Fraew

"I don't buy vintage quilts. By the time I finish the quilts I've started they've already become antiques." ~ Mark Lipinski
    Link to my albums: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...85-albums.html

Wow Krista, that awesome quilt soooooo needed and deserved to be finished. Well done!!!!!!
    Linda Wedge White

I believe UFOs are like scraps, ferns and dust bunnies. Once you get two, they send spores out into the air and more just happen anywhere the spores meet.

I have decided to count writing the pattern for my Focus Point quilt as one of my UFOs. I have been putting it off since last fall. This will be my first time actually writing a pattern since I crapped out on writting the last pattern I designed that people wanted.
    Linda Wedge White

I believe UFOs are like scraps, ferns and dust bunnies. Once you get two, they send spores out into the air and more just happen anywhere the spores meet.

Page 17 of 141 FirstFirst ... 7 16 17 18 27 67 117 ... LastLast