Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 63 of 141 FirstFirst ... 13 53 62 63 64 73 113 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 UFO Challenge of the Month

Louise607 - doesn't look like a hot mess to me. It's really pretty...congratulations on finishing it.
    Narnianquilter-your quilt is pretty. Are the ladybugs appliqued on?

Louise - I just love the Irish Chain & yours is no exception! It's lovely.
    Narian - Such a sunshiny quilt. So bright & cheerful.

And another one's down, and another one's down, and another one bites the dust!
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Quote Originally Posted by michelleoc View Post
    Louise607 - doesn't look like a hot mess to me. It's really pretty...congratulations on finishing it.
    Narnianquilter-your quilt is pretty. Are the ladybugs appliqued on?
    Actually the lady bugs, vines, flowers and sun are all appliqued and hand stitched. I started this project before I ever got a sewing machine and part of the reason it ended up a UFO is because when I did get a machine I was too scared to try and machine quilt it after I had put so many hours in by hand.

wow, Narnia! you started with with that!? fantastic job. your learning curve must be a straight line!! lol

My local Guild began the Finish the UFO project about 2 years ago. We now show them at show and tell also we are entered in a drawing for a gift card at Christmas. It is getting us to clean out the bags of ufo's and make love gifts of them. Thank God. Hugs

Thanks Lara! I had a friend who walked me through things step by step for a while and that really helped. Then we moved and I had a few issue- until I found this board! I am learning things I didn't even know were possible! (Like the fact that you could use 2 different colors of thread for the top/bottom of the quilt) My next project after the UFOs are some FM QAYG!

This is the most awesome board! Great people, fantastic pool of knowledge, fabulous willingness to share, and wonderful encouragement. What more could anyone ask for?

Quote Originally Posted by mom-6 View Post
    This is the most awesome board! Great people, fantastic pool of knowledge, fabulous willingness to share, and wonderful encouragement. What more could anyone ask for?
    Oh, I don't know, quilting elves? Never mind, they probably wouldn't do it like I wanted anyway. How about copious amounts of pasteries that don't make you fat or unhealthy? They say it never hurts to ask.....
    "Life is mostly froth and bubble, but one thing stands as stone. Kindness in another's trouble, courage in one's own." Adam Lindsey Gordon

Well, the weekend of UFO's is going slowly. My husband is gone and I was going to pass my daughter off to a friend for the day so I could get some serious quilting done. Then my daughter ended up sick, and we've been battling fever for the last 3 days. However, 2 of the 3 projects I wanted to complete are done! I posted my daughters quilt earlier this week (it's already been initiated by being puked on) and I just finished up a quilt for a friend. The only thing left to do is a few things I want to applique onto the top! One more to go, and I have 3 hours before the husband gets home! Name:  2013-03-23_14.12.21.jpg
Views: 249
Size:  1,019.9 KB

Narnian: Love your quilt, think the binding in that purpley color really frames the whole thing. Really a neat quilt.

Page 63 of 141 FirstFirst ... 13 53 62 63 64 73 113 ... LastLast