Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 65 of 141 FirstFirst ... 15 55 64 65 66 75 115 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 UFO Challenge of the Month

Blog Entries
    Wow, I haven't been in here for a while to look at all your finishes! I love them all! Congratulations everyone! I have been very busy with an ill FIL all month! I didn't think I'd get a finish this month, but I am going to try to quilt a strip quilt top that is ready to be quilted, hopefully tomorrow! I did get a finish in January and February, but March is going to be iffy! You all really inspire me to get back into my sewing room and get another UFO done before Easter!

Nancy

Quote Originally Posted by Susanna10 View Post
    Love the quilt. Everybody out of my way. I am motivated.

That is the spirit. You made me smile. Thanks!
    Anna Quilts

Blog Entries
    Wow is right! lovely finishes ladies.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Here's my 2nd UFO of the month, 4th of the year. Actually it's the 1st UFO; what I'm counting as my 1st was a PIG. I needed to work on something start to finish, so I made "Memories of Yosemite". That gave me enough of a feeling of accomplishment that I was able to finish this challenge. The top was layered and SID and some outline quilting back in 2008 when I started this. I don't FMQ, but kept hoping I learn. The borders needed something more, so I finally asked DD to FM it for me. She did flowers, swirls and leafy vines. It looked much better when she finished.
    Name:  Dorothy Got Whacked.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  82.2 KBThe name is "Dorothy Got Whacked". I used a pattern from Bethany Reynolds' "Stack "N Whack" book. I'm not happy with parts of it, some points were cut off, but I love the look of the finished kaleidoscopes. On the whole, I like it.

Jo: Great finish. Love the way the yellow triangles create a setting for the hexes.

Quote Originally Posted by dublb View Post
    Start ringin' the bells & sin'in the song!!!! Ya ladie's are doin' great.
    I've been workin' so much on several things that I don't want ta become UFO's. LOL
    This is one o' 'em. My PC block exchange.

If ya notice there are 2 squares at the bottom that are red. I took the bottom row off & sewed it back on wrong again. LOL I now have that fixed & have put one border on. A tiny turquoise one. I plan on a 2" black one then a tiny red one & another 2" black one. Then I'll bind it in turquoise. I have been also workin' on my DGD's quilt. I don't have a pict o' that loaded onta my computer yet. Maybe These won't become UFO's.
    I couldn't git this pict ta show up.
    So I took another couple o' picts on my own camera.
    Name:  PC block swap w:o borders #1.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  50.8 KB
    Name:  PC block swap w:o borders #2.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  53.9 KB
    I fixed the bottom row & put the first tiny border. I still have 2 black borders, w/a tiny red one in between, ta put on it. I'll bind it in the turquoise.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

gramajo--a very nice finish!

dublb--can't wait to see your quilt with all the borders.

Great finishes! I'm getting there, slowly but surely. All I lack is the binding. Seems like its taken me forever to make myself finish quilting this one, finally got it done a few minutes ago. Will show picture when it is completely finished.

Mom-6 Bells and whistles. I have been quilting my March UFO for 2 weeks now, just seeing the light at....! Congrads on your finish. Don't think I will make the March finish but at least close.

dublb....nice going. You're model is expressive too. He gave me a laugh.
    "Life is mostly froth and bubble, but one thing stands as stone. Kindness in another's trouble, courage in one's own." Adam Lindsey Gordon

Page 65 of 141 FirstFirst ... 15 55 64 65 66 75 115 ... LastLast