Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 67 of 141 FirstFirst ... 17 57 66 67 68 77 117 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 UFO Challenge of the Month

Done! This one wasn't really a UFO yet, it was more of an attempt to prevent a UFO. This is a BOM from last year - borders went on in Feb and it's done now! And for those reading the sister thread - I've almost managed to forget about my little disaster.
    Name:  P3290684.JPG
Views: 181
Size:  191.5 KB

Gorgeous, Krista!
    "Life is mostly froth and bubble, but one thing stands as stone. Kindness in another's trouble, courage in one's own." Adam Lindsey Gordon

Beautiful Krista, I especially love the sashing and how it ties the whole quilt together.

Krista: Your quilt is outstanding. I did see it before when you were having problems with "what shall remain nameless", but everytime I see it it just zaps me. It really is an exceptional quilt.

kristakz, Your quilt is lovely.

I got my UFO for March done today...I have had the material cut for over a year, sewed the blocks and borders at a retreat earlier this month and did the quilting/binding this week. It is going to one of the ladies (whose become a good friend) from my retreats. These were some fabrics I got in a 5yd bundle...I added the green and purple. It was something I liked better when I bought it than I do now, but am glad the lady whose getting it loves it.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by carriem; 03-29-2013 at 06:08 PM.

Krista--great job getting this BOM quilt done! It is beautiful

Blog Entries
    So eye catching Carrie
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Krista, your quilt is stunning!

CarrieM, best of all, it is done and off your UFO list! You might not be too thrilled with it but I like the colors. I like the purple and green addition. Is the pattern simple because it looks like something my "modern" daughter would prefer over traditional style blocks.

q.alba--I do like the colors, just the combo is brighter than I usually work with. The pattern is very quick and easy. It's called "Roxanne's Log Cabin"....it is a pattern designed by someone at the quilt shop where I work "Connie's Quilt Shop" in Marion, IA. She doesn't have a website but does do mail orders. If you want the shop # PM me or do a search. The original pattern has a narrower 1st border and ends with the piano key borders. It just takes 4 yds (one of each color) for the blocks and 2nd border. Then 3/4yd for the narrow border and binding. I needed it bigger so made the 1st border a little wider and added border #3 (another yard of fabric)...the way I have it, it is a nice large lap quilt (almost twin)...perfect for the bunk beds at the camp where we retreat.

Page 67 of 141 FirstFirst ... 17 57 66 67 68 77 117 ... LastLast