Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
2013 UFO Challenge of the Month >

2013 UFO Challenge of the Month

2013 UFO Challenge of the Month

Old 04-01-2013, 03:52 PM

I've just found this thread - what a brilliant way to spur us on. I'm now itching to finish my UFOs, from my gorgeous 9 month old grandson's quilt to the two wall hangings and the big 'o' bag I'm making with a friend for a member of our quilting group to the hand pieced 'thingy' on my design wall to ... Oops, I think I'd better stop posting and start sewing!
Old 04-01-2013, 04:09 PM

Great finishes you guys! Everything is looking wonderful! Lorrainep, welcome to our numbers! I've only been here a little bit but I have found that this board is a great motivator for getting things done. Good luck, and can't wait to see your finishes!
Old 04-01-2013, 04:34 PM

OH! So much has been accomplished while I was gone! Ring the bells & sing the song!!!! I loved everybody's finishes!
A special note ta Carrie. I saw your purple & orange quilt & had ta do a 'double take' look back at your name. I doesn't look like a quilt ya would make. However it is just stunnin'! Once I read your post I understood & I'm quite sure your friend will love it.
Old 04-02-2013, 04:50 AM

Amazing everyone! Everyone has been so productive. I am still plodding along with my March. Just have the hand work on the binding then it will be done. Saw some very ambitious plans for April, havn't decided what mine will be yet. As you decide please share.
Old 04-02-2013, 07:37 AM

Lorraine - welcome to the UFO thread! I've found it a very helpful motivator.
Emma - the advantage of finishing your project now, you get credit at the beginning of the month and that takes the pressure off! I was working on something for March that didn't get done til yesterday. Hoping to post it today and viola, I've already accomplished something for April!
Old 04-02-2013, 04:15 PM

Michelle: Beautiful job of rationalization and I bet the nice people on this thread would let me get away with it. Problem is I made the rule that I will finish one UFO a month, so even if I finished it in Dec. it would still be March's UFO. I know I should have thought the "rules" out more carefully.
Old 04-02-2013, 07:56 PM

Emma: Bottom line, you are almost finished with your project! Yay!
Old 04-02-2013, 09:04 PM

Michelle- I agree that's a great way to look at it! Now if I can just get off my duff and get moving on April's UFO...I HAVE to get this one done, it is a commission piece and I want it OUT OF MY HOUSE before I deliver our 2nd child at the end of the month. Seriously, this is one project that just has to go!
Old 04-03-2013, 04:51 AM

Michelle: You are so right! I am actually proud of my finishes since I am notorious in my family for my starts. I think I get so intense about it because I don't want to loose my momentum. Thanks for the refocus, after all I am having fun.
Narnian: Talk about a deadline. The last month of my pregnancies I did alot of vegetating. Kept waiting for that last month surge of energy, never came. Condradulations on the little one!
Old 04-03-2013, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by Mariah View Post
This is my recently completed Quilt of Valor. This is my first, so of course I am hyper-critical of my own work. It will go to the long armer in a couple of weeks. Mariah
looks absolutely fabulous to me! You have one done, I am still in the thinking stages of getting one done. We are our own worst critic, aren't we.