Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
2014 UFO Challenge of the Month >

2014 UFO Challenge of the Month

2014 UFO Challenge of the Month

Old 02-03-2014, 10:18 AM
Power Poster

Thanks for the nice comments. I handed it off today to the proud grandparents. (Both work with me.) Grandma immediately stated that the quilt would stay at their house. Made me feel good.
Old 02-03-2014, 11:32 AM

Default Fore! Happy Halloween!

Before my Grandfather passed away, I started to collect golf related fabric. I also collected a lot of Halloween fabric as I would make new Trick or Treat bags for my boys every year. So when we wnt to Starbucks for our annual Chess club meeting, I carried a ton of quilt books along to narrow down a pattern for these UFO fabrics! LOL!!

I think I found two patterns to use, but mostly I just found more projects to make UFOs! LOL! I found a lovely wall hanging made with ties and I would love to make that for my BF from his father's ties that he collected. It is simple and would use up the tie stash nicely.

So many choices of blocks! WOW!!!!

.....I think I can....I think I can....I think I can.....
Old 02-03-2014, 01:08 PM

I've done quite some quilting on my sampler this weekend, and started thinking about the binding. (I only have the border to quilt, but since I quilt dense, and do it by hand, that will take a few weeks...)
I went trough my stash, convinced that I had nothing that could be used for binding (and to have an excuse to go fabric-shopping, I admit), but I found about 1 meter of a fabric that seems to be perfect... I though I wanted a solid-looking burgundy (the darkest red in the quilt), but I found a burgundy with a tiny blue accent, exactly the blue that is prominent in the quilt. I want to sew that binding as fast as possible, so I feel very motivated to go on quilting...
Old 02-03-2014, 09:53 PM

Ok I'm jumping in as well. I haven't been quilting very long but am embarrassed at the UFO's. Thank you for not making me count them. Games on!!!
Old 02-04-2014, 10:31 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by SoBuzy View Post
Ok I'm jumping in as well. I haven't been quilting very long but am embarrassed at the UFO's. Thank you for not making me count them. Games on!!!
I stopped thinking of my pile in numbers a while ago. I sort of know how many I have but I only focus on ONE AT A TIME. One I can handle 20-ish, not so much.

It actually feels good to get them DONE. After all, there is a lot of investment in energy, creativity, time, not to mention money. If it was worth doing once, it is most likely worth being finished. That's my new motto. Some people decide to pass on their UFOs - I can't do that. Maybe it's the German in me - gotta finish what I started (I hear my mother's voice in my head - aaaarghhh!) lol
Old 02-04-2014, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by AnneTa View Post
I've done quite some quilting on my sampler this weekend, and started thinking about the binding.
I want to sew that binding as fast as possible, so I feel very motivated to go on quilting...
keep up the good work!
Old 02-05-2014, 06:11 PM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]460716[/ATTACH]I completed one of my UFO's from last month. My dog race kit I picked up while in the Yukon last year. I practiced my FMQ on thus wall hanging.
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
Old 02-05-2014, 06:40 PM

Happy: Love your dog race. The best of all worlds, beautiful fabrics in beautiful colors with great subject matter. That's one kit I couldn't pass up. Congrats on the finish!
Old 02-05-2014, 06:51 PM
Power Poster

happylab--love the fabric for the center design. Just perfect. Way to go.
Old 02-05-2014, 09:37 PM

I finished Easy Street posted a pic in that thread. I'm on a roll. MadQuilter such a lovely quilt for a little girl I have a new grand niece arriving in May and that would be so pretty for her. My daughter wants a pink quilt now too. Hmmmm.....