2015 Fabric Moratorium

Old 11-28-2015, 06:35 AM

It sure has been wonderful getting to know you all and sharing a common goal. I did shop the Joann's sale on Tuesday. Bought several flannels for baby quilt backs but have no tops ready so it did go to stash. I also bought a few Christmas fabrics so fell off the wagon early. But haven't even looked online at any of the wonderful sales I'm sure are there.
Thanks for sharing your quilt Martina. That looks wonderful and so cozy.
Thanks for the smile Paperprincess. I have had that happen several times and I look at it the way too.
Old 11-29-2015, 04:49 AM

Hope to make a rag quilt some day. Haven't gotten there yet. Miss black friday due to illness. Probably the only thing that would have keep me away.

Congrats to those that didn't and Awe to those who did.

Love the idea of using buttons for the missing snowman fabric.
Old 11-29-2015, 11:28 AM

I went on trip to my older son's for TG. The thrift shop there is open only on Monday. Got $11.75 in material. Then on way home stopped at material store. That was Black Friday. Was not on sale I can tell you. Got some material and 4 batts there for my series of animals quilts. Bear and deer and such. I should set be for another year . I hate real tree printed on the material. And coarse material. I like the designs.

Years ago they made quilts with what ever they had. They would have sewed them on machine if could have.
Old 11-30-2015, 12:13 AM
Power Poster

I did not go to Joann. Now I have another flyer in the mail. If I don't use it, they'll stop sending the flyers. Sigh - then I won't have any when I actually NEED one. Whatever I buy, it WILL NOT be fabric.
Old 11-30-2015, 06:49 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by MadQuilter View Post
I did not go to Joann. Now I have another flyer in the mail. If I don't use it, they'll stop sending the flyers. Sigh - then I won't have any when I actually NEED one. Whatever I buy, it WILL NOT be fabric.
Yeah, I fell off their snail mail list too. Usually, there is a coupon online that you can print off before you go, or if you have a smart phone you can get the coupons right on your phone. (I don't. I don't want a phone that's smarter than I am.)
Old 11-30-2015, 06:57 AM

Been very good about not buying all year, but maybe today.............

Re: don't want a phone smarter than me....that would mean an old wooden thing on the wall that had to be cranked.......saw on a movie or two......when my 5 yr old GGD has to show me where the flashlight is on the phone...I know I'm ready for " old woodie" phone...........but I must say, that flashlight has since come in handy many times....nice and bright!
Old 11-30-2015, 10:51 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by PaperPrincess View Post
(I don't. I don't want a phone that's smarter than I am.)
In my case, that would describe a pay phone. lol
Old 12-01-2015, 08:08 AM

Got my 60% off fabric coupon. Thinking I'll use if for backing material for the peony wall hanging. Nope that has to come from stash. Maybe I can buy something cute and trade with someone that's permissible.
Old 12-01-2015, 08:51 AM

Love all the photos of the quilts. I did buy the fabrics for my grandson's quilt since my daughter didn't like what I wanted to use. Nothing was above $4.99/yd. I love that place. All quilt-shop quality fabrics, too. While I was there, I found a wonderful blue plaid and pretty green to match that I had to have for my aunt's great-grandson-to-be. That's all I bought, although I found loads I wanted. I do need to finish using up my stash.

I started really working like crazy on everything, but then life tossed another curve ball, so it slowed me down. Hubby and I have been traveling to see a doctor and he has Hairy Cell Leukemia. Now I want to say right off that if one has to have any kind of cancer, this is one of the "best" to have. He was having the first blood tests on 11/11 and he had his first chemo treatment yesterday. He's supposed to have his last on Friday. He's in great spirits and for the most part, I am as well, but I tend to worry. He does, too, but we both know this is going to be over soon. I just can't find the energy to sew.

Christmas isn't far away and I do want to finish that quilt for my grandson, so I have to get busy. I have quite a bit done, so a good weekend and I should have it finished. Just need to settle down. I finished my UFO, I've been hand quilting it off and on for years and it's now done. I have to check the size of my scrappy quilt, then finish that one.
Attached Thumbnails latest-scrappy-quilt.jpg   ufo-finished.jpg  
Old 12-02-2015, 05:16 PM

Mitches Gram, I like your attitude and I understand you being anxious............wishing you the best.

Mad quilter, I have had a cashier just scan my mailer to keep me on the list to receive flyers.

I did go to LQS....and I promise I did not purchase, only brought home the County Register.......