Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 91 1 2 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 UFO Challenge of the Month

Blog Entries

2015 UFO Challenge of the Month

This is the brand new page for 2015's continuation of our UFO Challenge. The rules are simple: Supporting and encouraging one another in completing our accumulated UFOs.

You can set a goal for each month, but definitely is not required.

A "finish" is defined as removing said UFO from your incomplete stack of projects. The way you accomplish this is up to you. You can finish the project, pass it on to someone else to finish, donate it, sell it.... you see, we are very flexible. Our goal is to reduce the pile of UFOs.

And yes, you can move your UFO to someone else's pile, lol, it's been done before. We are great enablers, too!

All are welcome to hop on this UFO train; we reach out our hands to help you get on. The train will blow it's whistle for each new member and we ring the bell for all the finishes that happen!!

It doesn't matter how you count your UFO's; it's entirely up to you. No UFO Police allowed here!!!

We all love pictures so feel free to share whenever another UFO becomes a Finished project!
    She who dies with the most fabric, didn't sew fast enough!

Blog Entries
    I am definitely in on this one for 2015. I have a daunting tumbling block quilt that has been haunting me or nearly 2 years. My youngest son chose the pattern and picked all of the fabric (batiks) but since I just started quilting about 3 years ago, the pattern was more intermediate than beginner. While I think my skills have improved, the project has been hard to get back into. It is my only UFO but I definitely want to finish it!
    attitude is everything...the rest will fall into place.

Count me in for 2015!! I have several projects that need to be finished, and I think I may have a little more "me" time to just sew!!

Count me in. We have a quilt show coming up in June and I need to get moving. Our guild also has a UFO challenge. Maybe this will get them finished. I have just to bind a quilt I made for DH. So let the inspiration begin!
    Sharon

Blog Entries
    I'm in! I did get four done last year that had been hanging around. Maybe the trend can continue!
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

May be just what I need...group help! Count me in!

Count me in too. I need all the help I can get.

Blog Entries
    Looking forward to all the 'finishes' for the new year. From what you all have said, it appears that the train whistle will be tooting a lot! On to 2015 and welcome to everyone who climbs on board.
    She who dies with the most fabric, didn't sew fast enough!

DJ
    Greetings!

I have UFOs in about every category (quilting, cross stitch, knitting, etc.) I have two primary UFOs that I want to start the new year working on. One is a king size quilt for DD and the other is a felt Christmas stocking kit for DSonIL.

I have about 5 blocks of the quilt done. One block is a bear claw, and the other block is applique silhouettes of bears. I plan to hand quilt it.

Blog Entries
    I might give this a shot. For me a UFO is an unfinished top. Since finished tops take up less room than finished quilts, I just want to finish the tops. My problem is I just love starting new projects; however, lately I have only been doing wall hangings and table toppers -- those I have no problem completing. These also allow me to perfect new techniques while providing a variety and allowing me time to work on other crafts as well.
    Aurora

"A dying culture invariably exhibits personal rudeness. Bad manners. Lack of consideration for others in minor matters. A loss of politeness, of gentle manners, is more significant than is a riot." -Robert A. Heinlein

Page 1 of 91 1 2 11 51 ... LastLast