Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 UFO Challenge of the Month

Libster that quilt is beautiful! What a great finish.
    Erin

Blog Entries
    Nice poncho Rob. Good story also.
    Libster, beautiful boom swap quilt.

Alitariss, I put my projects on an excel spreadsheet to help me keep track. I am glad I did. It helps to keep me under control. I am slowly getting the UFO projects done first.

None finished yet, but working on them. Having to do a wedding scrap quilt first, then a couple of finishes will be coming along the pike.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Blog Entries
    QuilterMomma, looking forward to seeing some more of your UFO completes, I love the way you do colors.

Thanks everyone for putting up with my chatter, just trying to stay activity with the board. And I am working on a project for my #3 grandson it's been lying in that pile for three years, it's time to shake it out. Happy UFO'ing.

Thank you for the link to the tute on QAYG, Libster.

Blog Entries
    I second the thanks for the link to the QAYG tutorial. Thanks Libster.
    She who dies with the most fabric, didn't sew fast enough!

Some Chatter from me. Not much to report except frustration. I decided to finish a baby quilt. Expected to take just a few hours to finish, only needed quilting and binding. Well, I started off well, then started having problems with stitching being wierd. Turns out the needle had bent at the end. Began again. I was about 3/4 of the way done when I began to get rat's nests on the bottom. Cleaned, etc. Tore out, restitch. Over and over again. I decided to use my trusty old machine to finish it. I got it partly done and same problem. I threw it across the room, back it was going to the UFO and I off the the store to buy a gift. But I couldn't let that quilt beat me. So I didn't leave the house. Finished the quilting by hand. Won't look as great but it would be done. Then the binding. Well, I got it half on and the nests began again. GRRRR. Turns out a little 2 yr old helper reset the tension to zero. LOL

Blog Entries
    Oh no, Jeanine. Those little hands sure are fast.
    Martina
    Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Fabric!

Blog Entries
    But glad that's all the problem was, Jeanine...yes those little ones can be so quick...
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Libster that is a beautiful quilt!! you should be proud of yourself for finishing it. And I love the poncho looks like it would be super cozy. I went digging in my sewing room closet and found 4 UFOs lurking there. Two of which were started the year my husband was terminally ill, and put away One of them I can't find the pattern for sigh. Usually keep everything together but heck it has been over 3 years now soooo will put that one aside til the pattern shows up. i am in the middle of finishing up a panel qilt for Christmas that has been sitting waiting for over a year 1/2 way done with the top anyway .

Thanks oksewglad and MadQuilter. About that 2 year old, She came to me yesterday with a pin saying "here you go". She had taken in out of the quilt and brought it to me to put it away. She was so proud of herself! Perhaps I have a budding quilter.

Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4 13 14 15 ... LastLast