Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Aaqi challenge for qb members (first annual?)

Blog Entries
    Pretty quilts Dragonfly Nana

Blog Entries
    Suziehammond, so glad to have you join us! You are right -- you might as well make several and mail them all at once!

Quote Originally Posted by suziehammond View Post
    What a great group to bring to our attention. This is right down my alley. Since I live overseas I can make several and send all at once for the same price as they are light and small. Thanks!
    Reading, cooking, sewing in retirement! Heaven!
    I'm proud to say that I'm a member of the Quilt A Month Club for the Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative! www.alzquilts.org
    I have a blog on QB now -- please drop in!

Blog Entries
    Dragonfly Nana, those Bono Roses are fabulous! I can see why you wanted to do those -- they are very beautiful and graphic.
    I'm proud to say that I'm a member of the Quilt A Month Club for the Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative! www.alzquilts.org

Blog Entries
    Lovely roses, Paula!
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Thank you Ladies. I hope they do well for AAQI Pam Bono is one of my favorite deisgners.
    Paula
    Life is what happens to us while we are making other plans.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly Nana View Post
    Thank you Ladies. I hope they do well for AAQI Pam Bono is one of my favorite deisgners.
    I read on the site to be sure to get the designer's permission if you use a pattern from any where. Some fabric designers don't allow their fabric to be used in 'for sale' projects and these do go on sale. So, be careful. Someone who donates these said hers was refused because she did not get permission to use a pattern. So it was returned to her for that.

Blog Entries
    Yes, Beequilter, that is true. AAQI is very careful about that. If your little quilt is not an original design, then you must say where you saw the pattern, and must enclose consent from the designer when you mail in your quilt.

One place to look for designs to use is McCall's quilting mags. On one of the Contents pages, at the bottom, you'll find a blanket statement of permission to use any of the designs.

I have found, however, that designers are glad to give permission for their designs to be used in AAQI quilts, as they know that they'll get proper acknowledgment, and the quilts are going for a good cause.

Anyone can PM me for more on this subject!

Quote Originally Posted by Beequilter View Post
    I read on the site to be sure to get the designer's permission if you use a pattern from any where. Some fabric designers don't allow their fabric to be used in 'for sale' projects and these do go on sale. So, be careful. Someone who donates these said hers was refused because she did not get permission to use a pattern. So it was returned to her for that.

Quote Originally Posted by LeslieFrost

I have found, however, that designers are glad to give permission for their designs to be used in AAQI quilts, as they know that they'll get proper acknowledgment, and the quilts are going for a good cause.
    Very true Leslie. The designer that gave me permission for the roses asked only that I send her a picture of the finished product so she could post on her Facebook page. In her posting she not only showed the picture but explained about AAQI and how proud she was that one of her designs was being used for such a worthy cause.

That will reach a lot of quilters and hopefully inspire some of them to help AAQI too!
    Paula
    Life is what happens to us while we are making other plans.

Blog Entries
    That's great, Nana! The more who know, the better!

After one of the ones I made sold, I sent another email to the designer to let her know.

Blog Entries
    Great Challenge Leslie!!!! I just sent you pm of my five quilts so far. Maybe I'll up my own challenge and do five minis in June. I encourage everyone to JOIN the QUILT A MONTH CLUB on AAQI.org. In addition, you can join the $1000 promise (mine have raised $525 so far).

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 ... LastLast