Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
Affairs of the Heart by Aie Rossman QAL >

Affairs of the Heart by Aie Rossman QAL

Affairs of the Heart by Aie Rossman QAL

Old 09-09-2015, 09:06 AM

I did this quilt the first go round ,gave it to one of my precious GDs.She still displays it ,she says,on special occasions. lol
Old 09-15-2015, 04:07 PM
dd

Another one done. This is # 17. Went away last weekend for our 35th anniversary. Stopped at a couple quilt shops in VA and brought back a few new pieces of batik to use on future squares. Already had the next one cut out so have to hurry to get the next one finished so I can get to that new fabric.lol
Attached Thumbnails affairs-heart-17.jpg  
Old 09-21-2015, 12:54 PM

Some really beautiful blocks ...sorry to say another urgent project has taken me away from this one, but admiring all your beautiful work and tenacity!
Old 10-04-2015, 12:24 PM
Moz

I've just purchased the book and starting out. Boy that first block isn't the easiest one to start with is it? Trying a few things to make it easier...I've been needle turning, but getting the pieces in the right position was the hardest part. I was laying them under a tracing paper copy of the design...so I'm thinking of perhaps tracing the lines onto the black background as per instructions this time
Old 10-06-2015, 05:03 AM

Moz - I picked an easier block to start - I agree the first several are rather daunting!

I started marking points for each block at the start, so not tracing all lines but enough to get them placed correctly.

I'm hoping to get back to working on these soon- too much outdoor work over the summer, but it won't be long before it's too cold outside to do much. I'm shooting for nine hand applique blocks. I just don't like doing it enough to complete them all.

I really should get my first set of green sewn together. those blocks are complete. The gold set still needs satin stitching, and I started doing some shadow trapontu blocks to go with that set.
Old 10-13-2015, 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by Moz View Post
I've just purchased the book and starting out. Boy that first block isn't the easiest one to start with is it? Trying a few things to make it easier...I've been needle turning, but getting the pieces in the right position was the hardest part. I was laying them under a tracing paper copy of the design...so I'm thinking of perhaps tracing the lines onto the black background as per instructions this time
I also found it helps to fold the block in half and gently crease with an iron along the horizontal and vertical centers, and also with both diagonals.
Old 10-13-2015, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by Macybaby View Post
Moz - I picked an easier block to start - I agree the first several are rather daunting!

I started marking points for each block at the start, so not tracing all lines but enough to get them placed correctly.

I'm hoping to get back to working on these soon- too much outdoor work over the summer, but it won't be long before it's too cold outside to do much. I'm shooting for nine hand applique blocks. I just don't like doing it enough to complete them all.

I really should get my first set of green sewn together. those blocks are complete. The gold set still needs satin stitching, and I started doing some shadow trapontu blocks to go with that set.
I so want to get back to these too! Mine will probably be a multi year project.
Old 10-17-2015, 04:13 AM
dd

Originally Posted by kaelynangelfoot View Post
I also found it helps to fold the block in half and gently crease with an iron along the horizontal and vertical centers, and also with both diagonals.
I do this to mine too but found I was still having a little trouble seeing the lines at night time or if I had handled it a lot. I started drawing a light line of chalk along those lines too. Not having any trouble seeing it any more.
Old 11-11-2015, 08:21 PM
dd

Got #19 finished. Come on girls. I'm calling you out. I'm starting to feel like I've hijacked this thread. Let me see some pics from someone else now.
Attached Thumbnails affairs-heart19.jpg  
Old 06-07-2022, 05:36 PM
dd

Wow, so no one has posted on this since my last post in 2015? I just wonder how many of us who started these quilts so long ago have actually finished them. I know mine took a long time and was actually hibernating a few times. lol Well, ladies, I'm proud to say my quilt is finished. I was going to put another border on but it wouldn't have fit on my quilt rack. I am so happy it's finally finished. I enjoyed the process but don't think I want to do another.
Attached Thumbnails affairs-heart-5-22.jpg