Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
Allietare! - Bonnie Hunter's 2015 Mystery Quilt >

Allietare! - Bonnie Hunter's 2015 Mystery Quilt

Allietare! - Bonnie Hunter's 2015 Mystery Quilt

Old 10-31-2015, 04:55 AM

Default Allietare! - Bonnie Hunter's 2015 Mystery Quilt

This year's mystery quilt has begun! The name of the quilt is Allietare! and it was inspired by Bonnie's trip to Italy.

Here's a place for all of us to talk about it and compare fabric and notes on our work in progress. The link to Bonnie's blog for the instructions is here:

http://quiltville.blogspot.com

For those of you who are on Facebook, you can also follow along with thousands of other quilters on her page called Quiltville Open Studio. A link to that page is here:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/291023511046957

If you are new to this mystery quilt, please remember there are no dumb questions. We are all here to help.

Looking forward to lots of fun and sharing again this year. This is going to be a lot of fun.

SPECIAL NOTE: It's important to comply with all copyright and intellectual property laws. Specific pattern details and photographs of work that is not your own should not be posted here.
Old 11-01-2015, 05:08 AM

I am really looking forward to doing my second MQ from Bonnie. I have been quilting for more than 20 years, but the MQ last year taught me so much. Mostly it taught me to be patient and make sure my pieces were done correctly before going on to the next step. I love the way Bonnie give us certain amount of steps to do. I found I had no trouble keeping up with the steps. Looking forward to participating again this year and seeing everyone's progress.
Old 11-01-2015, 05:18 AM

went to Lowe's have the cards...my Daughter and I are soooo, sew, soooo ready.....look out stash here we come!

Last edited by SunlitenSmiles; 11-01-2015 at 05:24 AM.
Old 11-01-2015, 05:43 AM

Running out to Lowe's today to get my cards, I've looked forward to the new mystery since I finished the last one!
Old 11-01-2015, 06:46 AM

Here are my fabrics, didn't even bother with the color cards. After seeing lots of people using green instead of gray I pulled a green one and a denim blue one. I haven't decided which I like best, feel free to tell me which you prefer! All from stash and I even have a backing with these colors in a paisley design on a light background.
DH said it wasn't that I saved by using stash, I just "pre-invested" LOL!!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]534649[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 20151101_093255.jpg  
Old 11-01-2015, 07:10 AM

Read her info on the mystery quilt...hmm, she will be using accuquilt dies, she states, but will give that info later? I don't think I will join, but I will eavesdrop ........
Old 11-01-2015, 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltingVagabond View Post
Here are my fabrics, didn't even bother with the color cards. After seeing lots of people using green instead of gray I pulled a green one and a denim blue one. I haven't decided which I like best, feel free to tell me which you prefer! All from stash and I even have a backing with these colors in a paisley design on a light background.
I like the green.
Old 11-01-2015, 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
Read her info on the mystery quilt...hmm, she will be using accuquilt dies, she states, but will give that info later? I don't think I will join, but I will eavesdrop ........
Geri, go back & read again, she states she's NOT using accuquilt, however, she will give be giving that info when the time comes for those wanting to use it. So, jump in! We'll all have a great time!

Have my paint chips, will be meeting up with BFF from Florida on Wednesday to shop for missing fabric, like the grey!

I really like the colors this year! Going to come out pretty, I'm sure!
Old 11-01-2015, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltingVagabond View Post
QuiltingVagabond, I'm watching what responses you get. I may substitute for the gray, as well. I don't have a lot of gray, I like the colors you pulled. I want to work out of stash this year. I did that year before last and was thrilled with my quilt. Last year, I went a bought new. I like it, but somehow feel a sense of accomplishment by using what I already have.
Old 11-01-2015, 08:37 AM
Power Poster

I'll just be observing and anxiously anticipating seeing some beautiful works of art.